Thoughts on these please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheCulo

Reaction score
My friend and I are relatively new growers. This is his second grow. He's not sure of the strain and he grows in soil. He's
using Miracle-Gro all purpose plant food mixed with water. I just recently got him to buy a ph meter and we tested his water with the Miracle-Gro in it and it was 7.5 So I think that's a good part of the problem. I'm attaching pictures of the leaf tips in question.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20211121_131240.jpg
    20211121_131240.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20211121_131215.jpg
    20211121_131215.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20211121_131201.jpg
    20211121_131201.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 13
It's real hard to tell anything under the purple light, but looks like way too much fertilizer. What kind of soil is that? Again... hard to tell, but it looks like there is no aeration (perlite) mixed in. Take pics under natural light and post those please

In my opinion I wouldn’t use miracle grow I would go to the hydroponic store and get fox farms ocean forest soil this soil has all the nutrients your plant needs for its entire life cycle no nutrients needed with this soil
D408F004-D8FE-4333-9F5D-20E3A03E5E6C.png

Pictures are bad but I think this is your issue.

👾 What Does Excessive Calcium Do?

Too much calcium in your weed plants can lead to some severe consequences. The most obvious problem that you’ll see if you overdo it with a calcium additive is leaf burn. The cannabis plant is reacting to the excessive levels of calcium and is trying to push it out from the leaf tips. This causes necrosis (death) of the leaf tips, and they will be a yellow/brown color.

Besides causing leaf burn, excess calcium doesn’t actually create such drastic symptoms as a deficiency. Instead, too much calcium in your cannabis plants will actually lead to problems in other nutrients, such as magnesium and potassium. This situation presents a very frustrating problem when growing cannabis. Too much calcium will lock out magnesium or potassium, and the only way to correct the problem is by first dealing with the calcium issue.

So, although you’re experiencing potassium and magnesium related symptoms, the actual root of the problem stems from too much calcium. Dealing with an excess calcium problem doubles or triples your work by making it necessary for you to also try and fix your magnesium and potassium issues. It can also lead you astray chasing other nutrients, while the calcium problem remains active..

Excess calcium
Excess calcium

✨ How to Correct Excessive Calcium in Your Cannabis Garden?

Once you’ve determined that you have excess calcium in your marijuana plants, it’s time for a gentle flush. When I say gentle, I mean a low dose of a balanced nutrient mix. When growers here the word “flush,” they think pouring liters of water through the medium to flush every nutrient out. This is inadvisable because you’re suddenly depleting the cannabis plant of all of its necessary nutrients to function.

Flushing with a low dosage of nutrients allows excess nutrients to be pushed out while leaving a smaller concentration. This method allows your plants to continue taking up critical nutrients for its growth.

Alternatively, you can flush your plant with a low dose of calmag, a combination of calcium and magnesium. By flushing with calmag, you decrease your chances of suddenly locking out potassium and magnesium.

nothing wrong with miracle grow....npk is npk no matter what.....nutrients are nutrients...one needs to dial in the grow accordingly....more factors to consider besides nutrients....practice practice practice

elements are elements when broken down , simple chemistry 101

FB251B0A-44E1-474C-8D0D-683E436A4D0C.jpeg

using miracle grow , the pre loaded soil or the liquid or dry ferts is tricky

tricky because the standards of quality control leave a lot to be desired

with soil like ProMix and Foxfarm , there is more consistency , or with General Hydroponics nutes or even Peters , there is more consistency

ya never know with MG if yer gonna get a hot bag of dirt....my flower garden is MG and they did fantastic this year

yeah I tested positive for covid and tomorrow will be 14 days of hell , this virus is no punk aand it triggered all kinds of migraines with the accompanying vomit nausea which sent me to the ER....

.that was 4 days ago

today was a great day , both Swede and I did real good today and I’m pretty sure we are over the hump and on our way to natural immunity...

I like sunshine cause there is nothing in it. Not available right now so have been using ProMix and there is no difference.

exactly...no nutes...zero....and some of it is pre loaded with good microbes..

I grew Hempy style for several years , nothing but 100% Perlite and GH nutes micro and bloom 8-16 Lucas formula....spectacular results and if I ever went back indoors I’d do it again......almost foolproof

I am an old school newbie. Never mind the banter - These guys are a huge help and have shown interest in your situation. If possible and it may not be... Try (really hard) and get some pictures under natural lighting conditions for them. The above people are awesome and willing to help. All of them and then some! Good luck.

Latest posts

Back