Thrips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilv911

Reaction score
Okay. Found some thrips few days ago. Got some pyrethrin, 2 ml per litre of water. When light turned off last night i sprayed everything up and down left and right . Should i spray once again in few days ? Maybe neem oil after pyrethrin or both ? Im still in veg and i want to kill those little fkrs

Used my loupe and i found 2 of these fkrrs dead . What bothers me is that i find something like dots of saliva? Its not water or moisture for sure what could it be

Those little "water" dots are turning to white spots after a while
This I believe is a picture of a thrip and some of its eggs…

1685476817051.png

Im guessing it won't kill the eggs but once they hatch and eat they will die. Thats why you have to keep applying it until your problem is gone.

https://www.epicgardening.com/spinosad-spray/
Found this while reading the above site.
If you see eggs on your plants, you’ll need to spray again in a few days after the eggs have hatched.

Last edited:
Im guessing it won't kill the eggs but once they hatch and eat they will die. Thats why you have to keep applying it until your problem is gone.

https://www.epicgardening.com/spinosad-spray/
Found this while reading the above site.
If you see eggs on your plants, you’ll need to spray again in a few days after the eggs have hatched.
Thanks! Im going to buy spinosad tomorrow and kill those fkers.

Thats all i can find here, looks deadly 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-30-23-24-26-900_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-30-23-24-26-900_com.android.chrome.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 0
Should i buy 25 ladybugs ? Costs the same price with spinosad here. They live for 3 weeks

This one ? Yea and its cheap
That is the stuff. You should probably wear a dust mask if you decide to go that route. I never have but the stuff is supposed to wreak havoc on your lungs. It only works when dry. I wouldn’t use it in flower either but it sounds like you are still vegging. Lady bugs I hear work well too. I think @SubmarineGirl used Lost Coast Plant Therapy with good results but I doubt it is available outside of the US. If you try both the lady bugs and the DE, I would use the lady bugs first since the DE will kill them. DE kills insects by slicing open their bodies and they die of dehydration. Kinda brutal but I hate bugs…

Houston we have a problem.. does spinosad kill eggs too ?
No not as far as I know. But if you spray ever other day you will kill them as they hatch. I believe azamax melts the eggs but I don't like using something so strong unless I have to even in veg. Mites are a different story...azamax.

Last edited:
Should i buy 25 ladybugs ? Costs the same price with spinosad here. They live for 3 weeks
The ladybugs may help but the spinosad treatment is a sure thing of getting rid of them quick. You may not see any after the first treatment but like Pute says do it three times anyway. Then when it wears off, maybe get some ladybugs…😊

Latest posts

Back