Thrips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ladybugs may help but the spinosad treatment is a sure thing of getting rid of them quick. You may not see any after the first treatment but like Pute says do it three times anyway. Then when it wears off, maybe get some ladybugs…😊
Ladybugs are ok when flowering? Do they have problem with neem oil ?

A picture of my thrips.
IMG_0210.jpeg

I used lost coast plant therapy to get rid of mine quick
IMG_1298.jpeg

I think maybe @boo tried ladybugs once. I just imagine them everywhere which I guess I don’t mind just never tried it.
you can use the plant therapy stuff in early flower I needed it once for PM which it was also very good for.

I tried ladybugs a few times, and the Takeaway I got from that Was you need to put them in there before you have an infestation or else they will not be able to keep up… I like the lost coast plant wash, but I wouldn’t use it after four weeks of being in flower because it contains oils that will be tasted when you smoke them…

For thrips:
Spinosad (conserve sc) 2x 24hrs apart, followed by 2x sprays of lost coast (or another alcohol based ipm) with 1oz/G of 70% iso alcohol added.

Thrips will build a tolerance to conserve so don't use it every time!

@RosterMan is correct. Pictured above are spidermite eggs with a thrip. Thrips lay their eggs IN the plant tissue.

You should also consider a soil drench with IPM solution (recommend purecrop1, or conserve sc). Thrips spend part of their life cycle in the soil.

For thrips:
Spinosad (conserve sc) 2x 24hrs apart, followed by 2x sprays of lost coast (or another alcohol based ipm) with 1oz/G of 70% iso alcohol added.

@RosterMan is correct. Pictured above are spidermite eggs with a thrip. Thrips lay their eggs IN the plant tissue.

You should also consider a soil drench with IPM solution (recommend purecrop1, or conserve sc). Thrips spend part of their life cycle in the soil.
Thanks for infos sir! Wish i could find conserve sc in my country... But i found laser 480SC pyrethrin and neem oil . I will use 2 times spinosad 1x pyrethrin and then neem oil untill week 2-3 of flower. The problem is in soil 100% my room got positive pressure the first 4 weeks so no insects can come inside and there are carbon filters everywhere

Thanks for infos sir! Wish i could find conserve sc in my country... But i found laser 480SC pyrethrin and neem oil . I will use 2 times spinosad 1x pyrethrin and then neem oil untill week 2-3 of flower. The problem is in soil 100% my room got positive pressure the first 4 weeks so no insects can come inside and there are carbon filters everywhere
They can also get in there by hitchhiking on your clothes when you’re outside and jump in when you check the tent.

For thrips:

Thanks gmo, thrips normally do lay in the plant tissue and damage areas like fissures and cracks .
Some do not believe I grow weed LOL, but funny how my answers are on point but just passed by.
Not even a response why do I bother .

Got the crabs by getting to close once. :eek:

Here we go again. New grow new thrips. My light mix as always got some protein inside 31 day in veg. My plan was to use spinosad a week before flip. Should I use it now too or fight them with some pyrethrine and neem oil and finish those lil fkers a week before flip with spinosad ?

I would certainly make it my priority to eliminate any type of insects before you go in the flower. In veg, you can use much stronger chemicals then you can use when the plants are flowering… don’t forget a thorough soil drench

Latest posts

Back