time to flower! but help is needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunchbox

Reaction score
Hello folks! :) So it's finally time for me to flower my huge girl..... but....shes too big....so can i just cut the tops off so that it's not as tall....and then could i do a scrog netting? i'm trying to figure out how to upload pictures to show you more of my set up. Please help!

If she is still in veg you could do almost anything you want, even hedge clippers, cut it back let it heal a week and flower it, a scrog is definetly a possibilty, there are threads on posting pics,
Click manage attachements and then locate them on you computer and click upload, then click the paperclip above this message box and add the pics.

yep been vegging her for 5 months now....i'm gonna do just what you said....i was just wondering what other people had to say about it.....the pics i can't get off my phone to my comp to upload....i'm still trying to figure it out.

You could supercrop all the branches to the height that you want a scrog to be...then place the scrog...wait a week then flip. When the stretch is over trim underneath.

Just curious why anyone would veg a plant for 5 months AND let it get way too big for the flowering space? How big is your 5 month plant and how large is your flowering space? What size/type light do you have in it?

Whatever you decide to do, you are going to have to do and THEN when it has recovered from any training you have done, then you can put it into flower. So, decide whatever training you want to do, get it done, and them let the plant recover for a couple of weeks before you actually out her into 12/12.

Some pics of both the big female and the flowering space would help us.

Dude you have plenty of room to SC those branches and tie them down. I would go halfway up each off the taller stems and do a SC on them (if you don't know SC, you just use your fforefinger and thumb to squeeze a section of stem between leaves (internode) where its bare. Squeese them to try to mash the stem to slightly crush it. You may have to go at it from a different angle if it doesn't want to give, or if it gives some but not a lot, then do the same thing at the next internode up and/or down to soften the branch enough that you can bend it over to horizontal without breaking the stem). Do this to every branch that is sticking up too high and then get some veg ties and tie them so that they don't stand back up on their own. Give them about 5 days to recover and then flip the lights. :)

i am LMAO at the size of this thing i don't think that you can flower it in this space without chopping off like 1/2 of it or more, with its root structure, i think you will have a hard time trying to maintain it at the size that you want ,. that is of course JMO ;)

Those stems look a little too tough to do either sc or any serious scrog or lst without breaking something. I seriously have no easy suggestions when a plant is indoors and that woody and big....

Put that big ole girl on her side and start traing the branches from the bottom, to head up to the top. You will be able to keep those valuable tops, and create useable nugs from what would have turned into popcorn nugs.
When you put her on her side,you will have to cut the plastic bucket so you can water her, as well as have some holes in the bottom and a large tray for her to drain and drink from, I used a lid from one of my many large grow totes.

You can even start her tilting slowly by propping the bucket at an angle with a 4x4 or chain from the ceiling.

sooooo i chopped off like 4 inches or so off the top and pulled all the branches out.... i figure ill put her into flower soon and just keep tying her down....... i never should have get so big....also she has 24 hour light..... i use 6 100w eq cfls and 2 150w eq cfls....putting her on her side is genius! not sure of i'm gonna do that now but for the future i thing i might.....there no safe way to SC her....her branches are beast and tuff.....

View attachment bigtree4.jpg

real watt NOT equivalent is wat you want, also with your real wattage you have cfls I dont see this happening with CFLs. your plant will take 3x its current size as it flowers, i think it will like become a bushy space with branches and little popcorn budsites. if you have no way for a bigger light, IMO you can chop most of it take clones, trim the roots to match its new size, bury the long stems, give it a week or more to recover then flower it. as it flowers you can care for your clones to make a second better planned grow

Zem beat me to it. I would have advised pretty much like he has. With what you are working with, his suggestions to flower clones while small may need with some success. You will still need to make your space way smaller though. You have light for a space about 24" x 18".

When you get right down to it, wattage really doesn't matter as different types of lighting put out differing amounts of lumens per watt. It is lumens that matter (generally speaking). Unfortunately, CFLs put out the least amount of lumens per watt of any lights we use, making them the least efficient. When you get enough of them, you have to have dozens of them and they put out a lot of heat when you get as many as you really need in there. That space probably requires at least a 600W HPS.

In addition, you still are probably not going to have enough headroom. Most plants will at least double in height, even plants that do not stretch much will gain another 50% of height, some grow 3 times as tall. However, do you even know the sex of this plant? Have you seen preflowers? Do you know the difference between a female, a male, and a hermy?

okay.......so it's been a monthish......update with a few pics (lights in one picture are not that close to plant as seen)....but tomorrow i'll post better pics....My girl is doing well.....6 and a half weeks into flower and she is just huge.... for lighting i have 6 300/68w (4200 lumens each) CFL's and 2 150/34w (2800 lumens each) CFL's....i feed her some tiger bloom every other water... i honestly don't do much with her like test the ph of my water or anything really besides water and feed her on a schedule when i dont forget.....i play Mozart and assorted classical composers for her 4 hours a day... i let her veg for too long and didn't take the best care of her....but i've been doing much better and it shows..... she's got atleast 15 tops each home too nice buds.....none are huge but i'm impressed......i could do a bunch of stakes and probably spread her out alittle better but because of space i'm just going to let her be.......i've got another ready to take her spot in a month.

View attachment IMG_20150128_195454.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150128_195551.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150128_195615.jpg

The plant looks beautiful. The buds look too small to be that far along.

I hope they have bulked up for you, i don't know if you mentioned the variety...so don't know how long they go. Pretty color.

They have some yes....it was bag seed from GH9 which I've never heard of...I'm gonna do my best to harvest her at the right time.

Latest posts

Back