time to harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufindo

weedaholic
Reaction score
im on week 6 of budding. the plant looks like its killing itself. flowering time for this strain is 8 weeks, but it dosent look like it will make it 2 more weeks. about half of the pistols are turning red and retreating into the pods and the trics look kinda cloudy. what do yall think???

Whats going on pufindo. She doesn't look her best does she. Have you been giving her nutes? If so how much and how often? Have you tried flushing?

How many lumens per/sq ft are you using with what type of light?

How big are your containers?

i know. the plant dosent look good but the buds and the leaves around the buds look great. im using advanced hydroponics bud booster. it calls for 1 tsp every 5 gal. so i use 2/5 the mixture in my small settup. what should i do???

i was useing a 400 watt hps, then it burnt out. so i put it back on my 150 watt cfl and i got a little 75 watt cfl on the side. its a 3 gallon bubbler setup off ebay. im useing bloom booster from advanced hydroponics. ph 6.0. thanx 4 all the help sb, tbg!

i say let em go the full length, the only thing that will happen is the trichomes will amber... maybe get a micro to check the trich's to make sure there half amber

im already going full strenth. i buy a gallon of distilled water and put 1/5 tsp in it since it calls for 1 tsp every 5 gallons.

full length, bout 8 weeks i think you said.. what SIzed pots are you using, get a microlens to check the trichomes then youll know for sure if time to harvest

5" net pots. i can see the trics with the bifocal part of the magnifing glass. they are cloudy.

ok after cloudy is amber wait till half are amber

When to harvest depends on many factors when using the Resin Glands to determine.

THC is clear when it's at it's most psychoactive. That's the "Head" high. When it's degraded to a less psychoactive state, it becomes first cloudy, then darker and darker amber to brown at it's worst.

When it's at a full amber color, the THC contained in the Resin Glands you're looking at, is starting to degrade into what is known as "Couch Lock" high.

As the THC degrades further, you'll find that it retains it's "Couch Lock" high and that high becomes weaker and weaker on the way to nothing.

Ok, now you have the way THC ages.

Here's the part that confuses so many people.

All of the THC on the plant does NOT develop at the same time! The THC on one part of the plant, usually the top, develops first. While it's filling all the Resin Glands at the top, there may be none, or very little at the sides and bottom of the plant.

By the time the sides and bottom develop their maximum amount of newly developed THC, the THC at the top of the plant has become mostly cloudy to amber, or all amber.

You'll notice at this point, you'll have newly developed CLEAR THC at the bottom of the plant and CLEAR to CLOUDY THC at the sides of the plant, and CLOUDY to AMBER, or all AMBER THC at the top of the plant.

If you want to maximize the amount of THC present in the plant, regardless of what stage of decomposition the THC is in, this would be the ideal time to harvest.

If you want a more "Head" high, then harvest as soon as the very top Resin Glands are mostly clear and JUST starting to cloud.

The difference is the amount of THC in the entire plant, and what type of high you want your bud to have.

You can harvest anywhere on this scale and be happy with quality weed and a really good high.

It's up to you what your weed has as a type of high, by when you choose to harvest.

When THC degrades from clear to cloudy and amber, it becomes two other cannabinoids, CBL or CBN, which are not as powerful as THC.

You'll need at least a 10 power magnification to see what you're looking at. You can get a really cheap kids microscope from somewhere like Radio Shack that will work. Make sure you check resin glands all over the plant.

Simply cut a very small portion of a leaf that is very near a bud and lift it with tweezers to the slide under the bottom lens.

Good luck to you man!

nice post :) theres one part i disagree with or question though along with some other breeder/growers

"When it's at a full amber color, the THC contained in the Resin Glands you're looking at, is starting to degrade into what is known as "Couch Lock" high.

As the THC degrades further, you'll find that it retains it's "Couch Lock" high and that high becomes weaker and weaker on the way to nothing."

this may be true with some strains though weve done experiments cutting them at cloudy, amber, and purple so on ... people most preferred the longest flowered and ripend bud apposed to the cloudy or amber.

Most people i ask on this subject say it degrades but none have ever tried letting them go for longer periods of time.

well, can i clip the top budz first, then let the sides develop further? or will that cause too much stress? by the way, exelent post sb! u da s***!

cdblop said:
nice post :) theres one part i disagree with or question though along with some other breeder/growers
this may be true with some strains though weve done experiments cutting them at cloudy, amber, and purple so on ... people most preferred the longest flowered and ripend bud apposed to the cloudy or amber.
Most people i ask on this subject say it degrades but none have ever tried letting them go for longer periods of time.

Most ppl around where I live HATE couchlock... 50/50 is #1 from ppl I talk to.

i like to have 2 different kinds of weed. couch weed for nite time to relax b4 bed, and some uppidy head high weed for the daytime when im doin "stuff".

well, can i clip the top budz first, then let the sides develop further? or will that cause too much stress? by the way, exelent post sb! u da s***!

i did it to one of my plants. took off the half top of the plant and let the bottom go for another 3 weeks. just harvested it today!!!

justagrower said:

i did it to one of my plants. took off the half top of the plant and let the bottom go for another 3 weeks. just harvested it today!!!

Yes, that will work. Lots of people harvest in that manner.

It lets you control the type of high you get from your weed to an extent.

Good luck man!

Latest posts

Back