Time to Pull the Trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainechowder

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

Well after signing on to this site over 6 months ago and researching the heck out of all your journals, my wife & I are ready to get going again. A little background 1st.

I grew my first marijuana plant almost 25 years ago, outside. I was taught by an older, ex hippy from the 60's era. Never grew anything "outstanding", but grew a decent amount and I learned a lot. About 15 years ago, I had a small indoor operation in the basement of our old house. 4 X 4 flowering area with a small clone, veg, and mother room. We shut it down after a few years because we just didn't want to risk arrest. Now with the new medical laws in Maine, we are looking into becoming legal ( I know, not federally legal) caregivers. We are not looking to make money, but grow some for ourselves and a couple of friends that suffer from MS and Epilepsy.

We have a room in the basement that used to be our laundry room. It measures 11'X9'. It has venting, hot & cold water, and a plastic mop sink. I have 2 600W HPS and one 1000W HPS ballasts. I have 2 large "flying saucer" type hoods and one large air cooled hood. I am going to divide the room obviously, probably around 4 X 9 or 5 X 9 for a flowering room. I will use the remainder of the room as a "work" area and to grow 2 mothers as well as cuttings and clones. I have decided on growing Cindy 99 and White Widow.

I am getting cuttings from another Caregiver so i will not be starting from seed. They will be available in 3 weeks, so I have that time to get my set up completed. Luckily, I am quite handy around the house. I can do plumbing, some minor electrical work, and am very confident with carpentry. I'm still not sure if I am going to grow in dirt or use a DWC hydro system, but I am leaning towards organic soil. I also want to throw a couple of tomato plants in there as my wife and I already miss having fresh tomatoes every night for dinner.

I will keep you all posted as to my progress on the build out and I will immediately start a journal once our new "girls" have arrived. I know that all of you will keep me steered in the right direction and hopefully will prevent me from making some mistakes.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

Thanks for taking the time to read my early AM ramblings:)

MC

:ciao: Maine!!!

:rofl: If you read that as it is typed out, it's Chinese food....

That sounds like a great space. I like having the water and sink right there. Looking forward to your new grow, i know it will be great. Congrats on the new space and grow.

Rose,

I have been particularly interested in your grow journals. I know you like to play in the dirt also and I am really leaning in that direction. I make my own compost and am starting a small worm farm to harvest my own castings. I utilize compost tea in my outdoor vegetable garden and have tried it as a foliar spray on marijuana. All the more reason to stick with soil since I am very familiar and comfortable growing in it.

I am looking forward to getting this room going. The sink and work area right in the room is going to be very helpful.

Thanks everyone else for your replies, support, and humor!!

Rosebud said:
That sounds like a great space. I like having the water and sink right there. Looking forward to your new grow, i know it will be great. Congrats on the new space and grow.
Ya that would be nice I get pretty tired of lugging 20 to 30 gallons of water up a flight of stairs weekly.

Sounds good man can't wait to see your grow mojo buddy.

Rosebud said:

I would kill for water and a deep sink. ESPECIALLY the sink!!!!!

@mainechowder Welcome and can't wait to see the grow!

Wet

Ill be following along too! If you need anything, Ill be right next door.

Wow! I can't believe all the interest! i'll have to get a picture posted of my sink, just to make you all jealous!

It's nice to have a neighbor following along also. Thanks for the offer MH.

Yeah man Im excited for this! Ive seen nothing but homegrown shwag around my area so it will be good to see you grow some dank. Im really into that C99. I just started a Genius hybrid which I believe is somehow related to C99. They have that sativa high but bud fast like an idica.

mainechowder said:
Rose,

I have been particularly interested in your grow journals. I know you like to play in the dirt also and I am really leaning in that direction. I make my own compost and am starting a small worm farm to harvest my own castings. I utilize compost tea in my outdoor vegetable garden and have tried it as a foliar spray on marijuana. All the more reason to stick with soil since I am very familiar and comfortable growing in it.

I am looking forward to getting this room going. The sink and work area right in the room is going to be very helpful.

Thanks everyone else for your replies, support, and humor!!

You are my kinda guy. Cool that your doing the worm compost too. Worm castings saved me last month. You sound like a natural for the dirt and compost. I love compost. Glad to have you with us here at MP.

Best of luck Chowder!! Sounds like you are going to have a "Wicked" nice grow area.

Latest posts

Back