time well spent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan K. Liberty

Blazin' like the sun
Reaction score
hey guys, I took a few weeks off from my online-dominated, anti-motivational rut . . . I needed to get refreshed, get back to my natural self . . . . . it was really good for me.

I took vacation and went up to NY, hooked up with some old friends and got some seeds from my old strain . . . The Holy Cow . . . . yes people, she is alive and well !!

I also got gifted what is supposedly a stellar sativa, unlike the popular stuff that's out there. It's lineage is unknown, and it is un-named and a complete mystery.

Now I'm finishing up my first veg cycle in 12 years . . . everything's going great, just like old times . . . but not quite - I'm seeing things that I've never seen before.

My buddy has been experimenting with colchicine and polyploidism . . . and now my holy cow plants are trying to blast cabbage out of the cotyledon node ????

Well anyway . . . the indicas are taller than this freak sativa, I'm listening to Red Red Wine by UB40 . . . and things are better:D

I agree with anti motivational rut i dont get nothing done with always being online.
Lol Welcome back Dan sounds good what ya have going on.
T4

Welcome back Dan, you will have to show us a pic of your sativa...interesting. I grew the worlds ugliest sativa once...
Good to see you!

Sometimes we all need to take a break. Glad to see you back and motivated!

I love the sativa highs. Can't wait to see your mystery plant growing.

Thank you everyone, hey BWD check this out . . . this is where I spent a couple days while on vacation . . . it's Lake Moomaw in Virginia.

I didn't take this picture, but I sure did experience it . . . and it's my kinda place:D

lake moomaw.jpg

oh, and yes ladies . . . I am gonna allow you to see my freaky mystery sativa . . .

it's 6 weeks veg :farm:, 12" tall :watchplant: :eek:, and for now, it looks like a boquet of green flowers :icon_smile: :D

Hi Roddy !! :ciao: . . . do you wanna see my freaky sativa too?

Dan K. Liberty said:
Thank you everyone, hey BWD check this out . . . this is where I spent a couple days while on vacation . . . it's Lake Moomaw in Virginia.

I didn't take this picture, but I sure did experience it . . . and it's my kinda place:D

Lookin very nice reckon I would be takin to open water and fishin long the way to other side ifin I be there. Yual get any fishin in pilgrem?

BWD

I'll.....ummmm....show you mine, you show me yours??? :rofl: :rofl: Git yer minds from the gutters, you crazy MP'ers.

freaky 003.JPGfreaky 004.JPGfreaky 005.JPG

Here she is....talk about freaky! That top bud is as big around as a softball, the others are baseballs and such....and there's a lot of bud, just airy. She stinks and is sticky as can be...frosty too, as you can see. I'm hoping the looks hide a treasure :rofl:

Any ideas on why she's like this?? Bad genetics?

Whoa, that is freaky Rod . . . dreads on every bud !! Doesn't seem like this affects yield or potency much, just a weird stem growth between calyxes is all I guess. I think the biggest influence probably is genetics, because different plants sharing the exact same environment will show normal growth also. I don't necessarily consider it bad genetics though, if potency and yield are unaffected, then it's just an aesthetic thing . . . maybe even having positive effects - dense, rock hard buds are the most mold-susceptible. Interesting plant, I'm betting it will be good !!

Mine has just finished a 45-day veg cycle. The fan leaves are huge with thin delicate leaflets, but the internodal length is amazingly short. I fimmed it at 28 days, when it had 7 nodes and was only 8" tall . . . now its 12" tall, 16" wide and has about 20 tops . . . never seen a sativa take off with this kind of structure (I would dream of indicas taking off like this), it is really a beautiful plant . . . I will try to get some pics up later tonite.

. . . and here are some of The Holy Cow . . .

the one at left in foreground is the indica-side pheno with big thick leaves n branches . . . the one at left rear is the sativa-side pheno, much more delicate, uplifting, a week longer . . . and 10 grams lighter dangit:D - and and the one at right rear is a happy medium, looks a bit more indie but has that strong citrus smell when you rub her low down on the stem . . .

not a lotta variation between them all, really like I've said from day one I was very lucky to find the genetics that I love . . . from seed they are almost similar enough to be mistaken for clones . . . they were all 20" tall at 45 days veg, and they should stretch another 16" or so in the next couple weeks now that they're on the flip side . . . just enough variation between the highs to fill me out

I transplanted from 1 gal to 3 gal pots last weekend . . . now already there's nice white root tips peeking out the holes . . . "hey buddy . . . got nutes??":D

Jul14_11-1.jpg

Jul14_04-1.jpg

Jul14_34.jpg

here's my first batch of clones in a long time too . . . I'm trying them in rockwool plugs for the first time . . . they're running almost dead on target at 80f and looking pretty chipper after 10 days in the oven . . .

oh, and did you notice . . . my clone dome was actually a roasted chicken container in a previous life - it's working great:D

Jul14_18-1.jpg

Jul14_20.jpg

so anyway, the last couple months for me really have been time well spent . . . not only did I take a break from the routine and refresh (yes BWD - fishing;)), but I also got my act together in the growroom - and even though I'm not quite where I wanna be yet, it sure feels great to git 'r lit:D

Jul14_06.jpg

Today is day 14 since I cut clones into the roasted-chicken clone dome. Here are the results:

THC#1 - 6 outta 6 - 100%
THC#2 - 2 outta 4 - 50%
THC#3 - 5 outta 6 - 83% . . .

freaky sativa - zero outta 4 - 0%:cry:

Oh well . . . since this is my first time cloning into rockwool plugs, I'm happy with the results . . . 13 strong survivors outta 20 cuts. I think it's well documented that certain strains/individuals are just difficult in certain media, or averse to the whole process in general. Megaprops to pcduck, OGKushman and NorCalHal, for tips and tricks on the method I used, which I improvised based on all that I read here . . . I was so anxious to tweak my method that I cut another 20 last nite:D !!

And I cut another 4 of the freaky sativa into soil, because the structure is still looking over-the-top great . . . and I just have a hunch I may want it for some "experimentation" on down the line . . :icon_smile: !!

PS . . . I overestimated the tops - there's only 16:p

Dan K. Liberty said:
here's my first batch of clones in a long time too . . . I'm trying them in rockwool plugs for the first time . . . they're running almost dead on target at 80f and looking pretty chipper after 10 days in the oven . . .

oh, and did you notice . . . my clone dome was actually a roasted chicken container in a previous life - it's working great:D

Dan yual made me smile I be seein yur smartst to how to re use an old store cooked chicken container to perk yur babies LOL Fine smarts that be LOL Thankin yual for yur fireside enjoy yur company

BWD

outside the box and gittin off the grid, Brotha What Doin' it :) !!

maybe gonna shoot me a big cock pheasant this fall with my .22 and put him in there too . . . . its microwaveable safe :rofl:

Dan K. Liberty said:
outside the box and gittin off the grid, Brotha What Doin' it :) !!

maybe gonna shoot me a big cock pheasant this fall with my .22 and put him in there too . . . . its microwaveable safe :rofl:

LOL yup fill pot as and when yual can take care months ahead and plan for worst pilgrem. Glad to have yual friend side

BWD

Latest posts

Back