Timer problem/re-veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmaine420

Reaction score
I went away for 10 days and had a friend water my plants. On the second day i was gone we had a power outage which some how screwed up my timers so there was now 15-16 hours of light in my flower room for over a week. I came back to find my plants which should be at 5 weeks from flip 10 inches taller than I left them and looking like week 3 at best.
I have two questions. Other than setting my harvest back a couple weeks should I have any concerns? Should I watch for hermies?
Also I run 3 lights each connected to a seperate 20 amp plug and thus a seperate timer. Is there a way i can plug all three lights to a single timer and then split the power between the three plugs?

What size lights are you running? I am wondering if I misunderstand what you are saying....do you have 3 separate 20 amp circuits in the same room and each plug in running off a different breaker? This is what it sounds like from your description, but I am thinking that can't be correct as it doesn't even make good sense. So, more likely that you have 20 amps coming into the room and all the plugs run off this same circuit. If so, it really doesn't do any good to split up the lights between different plugs. The total load off all the plugs is what determines if you are overamping or not. No, there is really no way to plug everything together and then split the load after the timer. What is the max amperage for the timer you use?

I would certainly be on the look-out for hermies, but they are caused more by light leaks--this was more like an actual reveg. I think that other than time lost, you should be okay. Just be careful the rest of the grow to keep it as stress free as possible.

What size lights are you running? I am wondering if I misunderstand what you are saying....do you have 3 separate 20 amp circuits in the same room and each plug in running off a different breaker? This is what it sounds like from your description, but I am thinking that can't be correct as it doesn't even make good sense. So, more likely that you have 20 amps coming into the room and all the plugs run off this same circuit. If so, it really doesn't do any good to split up the lights between different plugs. The total load off all the plugs is what determines if you are overamping or not. No, there is really no way to plug everything together and then split the load after the timer. What is the max amperage for the timer you use?

I would certainly be on the look-out for hermies, but they are caused more by light leaks--this was more like an actual reveg. I think that other than time lost, you should be okay. Just be careful the rest of the grow to keep it as stress free as possible.

Thanks for the response THG. About a year ago when i was setting up my room I posted a question on here as to how much amps i would need to run 3 1000w HPS. the consensus was I should have 3 20 amp circuit breakers. Heres the link http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66572
I dont know about the max amperage on the timer or that it would be a concern. I'll be watching for hermies.

with 3k of lights, imo it is better to use a relay to open and close the circuit separately without having all this load pass through the timer. I had my outdoor controller schedule and all the program actually changed due to a long power outage. for lights, i use the simple type of 24hr timers with 15 min increments and mechanical components, no digital screen or such. my latest diy idea you can see in this pic, i used a simple 24 hour timer with 15 min increments, and a cycle timer which i can tune to minutes seconds 15mins, or 24 hours, all mechanical, no matter what power failures i get, as long as the timers are operational they maintain the same watering schedule. I think that I will never go back to controllers from this

View attachment 20141026_235216.jpg

Latest posts

Back