timing clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Ad1

Hey, I wanted to switch from seeds to clones, I heard that clones should be taken during veg just before putting the plants in for flowering, so they dont get confused by the changing time.

So it would take about 1 or 2 weeks for roots to grow and that means 7 weeks of veg before my flowering cabinet is empty and they can go in...

This seems like a long time, what do you think?

Ad1 said:
Hey, I wanted to switch from seeds to clones, I heard that clones should be taken during veg just before putting the plants in for flowering, so they dont get confused by the changing time.

So it would take about 1 or 2 weeks for roots to grow and that means 7 weeks of veg before my flowering cabinet is empty and they can go in...

This seems like a long time, what do you think?
I would suggest that you use a cloning machine or at least a small bubbler to root your clones. Also, get some cloning hormone. Rootone works good.

You never want to take more than 30% of your plants growing tips at once. You can take the cuttings any time after the plant reaches it's maturity. That is when it's gotten alternating nodes.

Unless you are going to do as I am with my new Snow White seeds.

I'm going to grow four plants until they are large enough to take one 4 inch cutting from each plant. I'll flower that cutting to sex the plants. Then, I'll let the females grow until I can take 34 cuttings from them and it's the entire plant used. I'll root all 34 clones and when rooted well, I'll plant 32 in my Ebb and Flow units.

Sure, it takes longer this way, but I'll keep two clones as Mothers and have Snow White plants any time I want them from now on. All for the cost of four seeds.

Thanks for the reply stoney

In my veg box I've got 10 young plants, ak47 from serious seeds, I'm gonna take 2 clones from each plant, half will be male and i'll flower the best of the rest...

If all goes well, i'll think about keeping a mom, it seems like a good idea, currently i spend 50 pounds on seeds every 2 months :(

Latest posts

Back