timming question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondlebanese

Reaction score
when growing out doors in so cal when do the flowers first appear? is it in September when days start getting shorter? also when does the growth spurt happen?

Actually, the days start getting shorter after June 21, the summer solstice. It doesn't need to get to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark for the plants to start flowering outdoors. The days getting shorter tells the plant that it needs to flower. I am at the 44th parallel and my plants usually finish the first half of October.

I never really noticed what you would call a "growth spurt" with my outdoor plants

I an not in southern Cal, but have found that different strains start flowering at different times. As one would suspect, indicas will start flowering a bit sooner than sativas.

I meant June not September. I'm guessing indoors there is a growth spurt because the plants are under stress of the crazy light hours when they are forced to flower.

Latest posts

Back