Tincture from trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t51972

Reaction score
What to do with a pound of trim and sun leaves. This much green should make a very nasty tasting tincture. How would you remove the chlorophyll? How would you decrab this amount?
I am going to decarb in batches at 200 for thirty minutes. I usually do 240/40, but I think this green would burn at 240?
Then tincture in my Magic Butter machine.
Finish to a large jar on my windowsill for a few days.
At this point I will put the jar in a pot with water on the stove set at low. Once I get it down to a small jar, 1/16 pint jar? I dip buds and let them dry. **** you up bad. Usually give to younger smokers. You remember the days you drank yourself then went to work after no sleep. Then did it again! All the while smoking excellent weed. Now a hard cider and joint in the evening and if I see 11 pm something is going on!
Leonard Cohen said it best, 'I hurt in the places I used to play'.

What to do with a pound of trim and sun leaves. This much green should make a very nasty tasting tincture. How would you remove the chlorophyll? How would you decrab this amount?
I am going to decarb in batches at 200 for thirty minutes. I usually do 240/40, but I think this green would burn at 240?
Then tincture in my Magic Butter machine.
Finish to a large jar on my windowsill for a few days.
At this point I will put the jar in a pot with water on the stove set at low. Once I get it down to a small jar, 1/16 pint jar? I dip buds and let them dry. **** you up bad. Usually give to younger smokers. You remember the days you drank yourself then went to work after no sleep. Then did it again! All the while smoking excellent weed. Now a hard cider and joint in the evening and if I see 11 pm something is going on!
Leonard Cohen said it best, 'I hurt in the places I used to play'.
What?

So I was trimming today and about half way I thought.....I have some tincture I have been keeping in the frig that I really haven't touched yet. I have tried it twice and didn't feel much. So, I decided to get a buzz while trimming. I took 4 1/2 full eye droppers full and went back to trimming. Waited........nothing so I did two more.....finished trimming and meh.......

Got in the Jacuzzi and BAM!. This was indica....fk.......don't know how long I was in there but barely drug myself out.....I am so relaxed now......feels good though....forgot all my and the world problems....

Back to the frig......

So I was trimming today and about half way I thought.....I have some tincture I have been keeping in the frig that I really haven't touched yet. I have tried it twice and didn't feel much. So, I decided to get a buzz while trimming. I took 4 1/2 full eye droppers full and went back to trimming. Waited........nothing so I did two more.....finished trimming and meh.......

Got in the Jacuzzi and BAM!. This was indica....fk.......don't know how long I was in there but barely drug myself out.....I am so relaxed now......feels good though....forgot all my and the world problems....

Back to the frig......
Yeah, my first attempt at a tincture has been confusing. I decarbed 1 oz of Yahemi in a slow cooker that I confirmed reaches 250F on high. In the slow cooker for about 50 mins (I don't think it was at 250F the whole time). The weed def looked and smelt different. Ground it with a spice grinder (not too fine, just finer than from my small grinder). In the freezer for several hours, shaking vigorously every 30 mins or so. Filtered then evaporated down from 24 oz to 1 oz. Originally it was so hot with alcohol I couldn't handle more than a couple drops under my tongue. After concentrating down I've tried a few times at various doses. There was one night I thought I was feeling it pretty good after 2 ml, so I took another 2 ml an hour before bed and I woke up feeling high. Another time I felt like I was getting higher and higher while driving when I hadn't partaken in any THC since I took 1 ml of the tincture over 4 hour prior. Could this just hit me later than most people? Perhaps my decarb wasn't sufficient? Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. My tincture is very dark and extremely sticky. I feel like I ate pine resin after. Tasty, just strong. Still not the effects I was expecting.

Could you tell me more about the tincture you took? How did you take it and how much flower was used in how much final solution?

Just curious if you folks had a better method of removing the taste for tincture. Only method I know, is to leave in the sun until it changes color. I buy tincture and there is no taste except flavoring when added. There must be a way. I use it in cooking instead of canna coconut oil. I get stronger edibles.
I can ramble. Been known to chase rabbits to the 12 generation without smoke!

Just curious if you folks had a better method of removing the taste for tincture. Only method I know, is to leave in the sun until it changes color. I buy tincture and there is no taste except flavoring when added. There must be a way. I use it in cooking instead of canna coconut oil. I get stronger edibles.
I can ramble. Been known to chase rabbits to the 12 generation without smoke!
Sunlight degrades THC. I try to cover the taste of my cannabutter by adding about a half teaspoon of peppermint oil to my brownie recipe. You can still kinda taste it though. I assume the flavor is due to the cannabinoids and terpenes and since I eat the brownies for those, I just grin and bear it. It only takes about a quarter to a half inch cube to get me baked. I could cut the cannabutter with regular butter or coconut oil I suppose if I wanted to eat a normal size brownie but I can just do that after my nibble of the edible.

Latest posts

Back