Tinfoil or White?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouq

Reaction score
Well, i went to Wally world last night and picked up some more flouro's, i have to wait untill the middle of March to get the HPS:( I also got another fan to place at the top of the grow room to ventilate the heat rising up. I'm taking TBG's advice and keeping the plants on a 24 hour a day cycle, I lined the walls with tin foil, but i'm not sure this is good. I've read a few places that white walls reflect the light better so if anyone wants to chime and tell me wich is better i would appreciate it. Also i got some ph testers and i have no idea how to read this ******* things. The color of my ph was darker than the color on the box, does that mean there is to much ph or not enough? The 3 plants i brought over last night from my buddies apt. are doing great, there about 3-4 inches already! I'm gonna try to get some pics up by this weekend. Untill next time...

You are better off with the walls painted flat white. You will find the foil to become ripped and torn from working in the grow area. If you want to use the foil, use the dull
side out as this will diffuse the light better than the shiny side.
I think most people here use flat white paint. I did.
Can not help with the ph color thing. I use a meter.
I am sure someone will know the answer to that question.
24/7 with your lights in veg. is the way to go. The plants do not need darkness yet.

Good growing to you.

yup white walls if you can. if you cant paint your walls you can try using some white poster board.

The flat white paint will work way better than foil. It's hard to believe, but flat white is almost as good a Mylar.

If you put 3K of light on your nearest top, you'll have a great light spread if you use flat white walls.

You should see the plants I have right now. The second most fast growing part is the one's against the walls. They are just behind the tops directly under the light.

They get the strongest light from two directions. Direct and reflective.

It always amazes me. The plants furthest from the light are growing second best.

Good luck to you. It sounds like you're getting a good crop together.

I will give the PH problem my best shot. I believe that if the color is darker than any other color (on the blue side) it is an alkaline solution. If this is so you need to bring it down as the PH could be at almost 8.
Try for 7 until someone can tell you better.

If there is any possible way that you can swing it, buy a decent ph meter. Second guessing ph is a wreck, just waiting to happen.

Good info guys, just to add to it, using tinfoil on your walls WILL create hot spots and you could risk burning your plants, even with floros, and it will for sure burn them with a HPS.
Your best bet is mylar (you can get this rather cheap on ebay) or as others have said plain flat white paint.

Latest posts

Back