tiny black dots on leaf stems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.E.wguy

Product of my environment
Reaction score
and idea what this is ?

cant upload pics they keep failing :(

might be ****. lol from a bug, or lots of little bugs.......

i see no bugs any where but these little spots and only seem on lower leaves odd. unless they are living in the leaf stem not bugs and not **** as it appears to be int he plant

ne guy were do u see pics and spots???

NE are you using a microscope?

Could be mites. They are really, really small and I use a scope to make it easier to see them

Hey NE, often times tiny black spots can be from mite ****. You really need a loupe to see mites most of the time. People say 30X but I have a 60x power that I really like. Warning the first time you look head on to a spider mite, you may never be the same.
Is there anything we can do to help you with the pictures? It is a pain till you get it down.

need a loop but hope the sns209 takes careof wtv is hiding in the jungle

mostly on lower huge fan leave, look as tho they are dying off should i trim them off? also have some leaves just falling off with what looks to be different difficences but no pics yet will try to find camera tonight. some look real dead it's a pretty tight fit for the undergroth. they are in week 3 of flower is that to late to thin out under canopy?

Not too late to thin out the bottom leaves and lower stems that don't get any light. I generally will pull on suspect leaves to see if the plant is ready to be rid of them. just a very gentle tug and if the plant is done with the leaf it will pop off, if its not then it will give but not let go. :)

ya i do that daily as well as give em a good shake things are exploding in there should be a good one

but ya few things i want out of there just to bunched up, think its causing leafs to rot almost

maybe get a osculating fan fr under the canopy i have a stationary one down there but maybe not enuff air flow

As long as it isn't knocking the plants over or blowing leaves off, you just about can't have too much air flow :)

It helps with both bugs and fungus as well because it keep them both from landing on the plants :)

ya that's what i was thinking more air movement the better other thing is with the 435cfm on high should i only need the 6x12" port open for passive air in a (55 x 55 x 79) (4' 7" x 4' 7" x 6' 7") or is it ok on low? debating setting up the second tent atm and wondering how that would all tie in

If those are old fan leaves that are looking narley you can remove them. Duck says, "we judge the health of the plant by looking at the top of the plant".. I repeat that often.

ya just all lower tops of plant are amazing buds are exploding new growth every where and all nice green think i need a good under canopy clearing

also do u guys just cut them right at the stem or stalk or do you leave a little 1/8-1/4 piece to aid in healing?

I am not sure i understand. Your talking cutting off the spent fan leaves?Always in any kind of gardening, you cut to the main stalk, leaving some makes for dies back in plants and trees and you don't want that.

sooo I took the time to actually look at the spots under a 100x and it almost looks a brownish tint in some spots black in others and seems under the surface with lil hairs growing all over the leaf stem, the plants are in full flower mode see trics starting on leaves and buds every where noticing some top fan leaves loking ugly but they are 12" from 1k un cooled

so i took some pics mostly tried to get on the leaf main veins and side ones, then the stems u will see totally un bug looking?:eek:

20130802200144.jpg

20130802200310.jpg

20130802200332.jpg

20130802200336.jpg

20130802200520.jpg

20130802200348.jpg

20130802200357.jpg

20130802200427.jpg

20130802200434.jpg

20130802200436.jpg

Are those light brown spots on the leaves? The sns could have killed the larva in the leaves and left that spot. I have no idea what is on your stems.

Latest posts

Back