Tips for led lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RootsOne

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I’m on my first grow, I’m looking for a led light for a micro grow box (50×50×80)cm and I'm going to grow one plant.
I came up with these leds, which one do you think is better:

50w / 6000k or 3000k* / 4250lumen
100w / 6000k or 3000k* / 8500lumen

*they are not both, I mean you can choose which one to buy (the 6000k or 3000k).

They’re both made with smd2835 chips led

Thanks for the help!
PEACE

In my opinion doing a tiny grow in a tiny space, the limiting factor is actually going to be heat and ventilation, rather than color temperature considerations... so go with the coolest running unit you can find, and make sure you match your exhaust fan to your box size to even it all out. You *might* be able to get away with a 4" duct booster fan in a box that small. They're cheap at casa de pot, and you can wire them for a wall plug easily if you've ever replaced a power tool cord or installed an overhead light fixture before :)

I don't think I have problems in case of overheating, to circulate air I will use 2 fans (1 to let air in and 1 to let it out) both 10cm diameter and in addition I have a spare one to be placed above the light to cool it (only if I need it).

If you can vent the box well I would always choose more watts. I have been using King LEDs for a while now and it has been awesome.

I really enjoy my 1200 w philizon led grow light, it’s very small, and has both a veg switch and a flower switch (I believe it’s intended use is as a 600w light with only one set of leds on) however I have been running with both switches on and the plants seem to love it. Runs relatively cool I have my plants about 20 inches away from the light. I think it was about $130 on Amazon.

*note that this is my first actual grow light so while I’m satisfied with the product I do not know how it compares to similar products, that being said it does wonders better than the fluorescents that I had for just my vegetable garden, actually kinda annoying really the veggies are on a separate wall than the marijuana but all the veggies try to stretch toward the grow light and not the fluorescent haha. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back