Tips on Drying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBobMarleyJr

Forever A Blazed Member
Reaction score
1.Best time to crop morning,night,?
2.Good way to dry, "area" dark,bright,hot,cold
3.Conditions,Ventilation ect..
4.How long till good to smoke.. Days,Signs?

Thanks peeps

There are a lot of great stickies in the "Harvesting-Drying and Curing" area.

While there might be subtle differences and opinions, you'll get some good advice there.

BBFan said:
There are a lot of great stickies in the "Harvesting-Drying and Curing" area.

While there might be subtle differences and opinions, you'll get some good advice there.

:yeahthat:

I am not going to try and tell you how you shld do it but I will breakdown how I go about it.

MrBobMarleyJr said:
1.Best time to crop morning,night,?
2.Good way to dry, "area" dark,bright,hot,cold
3.Conditions,Ventilation ect..
4.How long till good to smoke.. Days,Signs?

Thanks peeps

1. I don't hve a set time but it is usually at night since I work days.
2. Smaller harvest I will hang dry in a dark closet with a small fan in the closet stirring the air a bit but not blowing on the buds. When I hve a medium to big harvest I hang fishing line in one of my 2x4x5 tents and dry in there. I run an inline fan pulling the air from the tent for ventilation and the tent is kept dark.
3. see above....small fan in closet or inline fan pulling air from tent.
4. Once the branches are dry enough to just about snap when bent I trim all the buds off and start the jarring ritual. Burping a cpl times a day everyday for the first week to 10 days....then I will burp once a day for another week to 10 days and after that once a week just for good measure.

Jmo

wot you mean burping sir hamster?? [j]

jesuse said:
wot you mean burping sir hamster?? [j]

Burping just means opening the jar for a bit and letting it air out....when you put dry bud in the jar and seal it up the buds will actually become a bit moist again to the touch after a Cpl hours...this is why burping is important...especially early on. One of the ways I tell when it is time to go from burping them cpl times a day to once a day to once a week is by noticing if the buds are getting moist while sealed. If they go a day sealed and I open them that night and they still feel dry then I know I can most likely start burping once a week. Jmo

Burping is when the buds are in a jar.

The residual moisture from the stems slightly re moisten the buds, this can cause mould to grow in the jars.

So 'Burping' is simply opening the jar for half an hour to let the moisture accumilated escape from the jar.

This ensures no mould grows on or inside the middle of the buds when kept in jars.

I always put several small or 1 large Desiccant in the jar, I find it heps considerably.

hXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desiccant

Cut and paste into your browser, change the XX to tt

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
Snap Hammy ;-)

:peace:

Lol.......hey hippy I also use the lil desiccant packs. I save them every time I find them in something....they do work well.

Latest posts

Back