Tiramasu!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SKAGITMAGIC

I've recently discovered this Italian sorta cheese cake, pretty decent grubbins!! After a big fatty, Man!!! Safeway stores had five dollar friday yesterday with 22.5 oz. slab for yep 5 bucks. They were sold out!!! I got me a rain check!! I gotta wonder what else I'm missing out on, about 45 years ago I used to go to a ice cream place in Oakland,kinda near Berkley, I think it was called fenton's!! Serious munchie parlor!! I love medicating up, then doing some serious food, I'd love to hear what you like eating after smoking? This Taramisu stuffs just the tip of the ice cream , ah, I mean Burg,, lol, I'm ready to try some new stuff.

Yeah their good when done right. But a Safeway one is far from a good one Skagit. Now that you know you like a sponge cake dessert, find another tiramisu around. My salsa is a mean snack.

I really like fruit. Tangerines, PassionFruit, etc ... But when the munchies attack and if only bread and water available, bread and water it is.

nouvellechef said:
Yeah their good when done right. But a Safeway one is far from a good one Skagit. Now that you know you like a sponge cake dessert, find another tiramisu around. My salsa is a mean snack.

Oh yah.... I'm with Chef... if you like Safeway's Tiramisu you'll LOVE a proper home made or even a good restaurant version of Tiramisu a whole lot more. There are lots of different looking and tasting recipes but traditional tiramisu is an Italian dessert so if you look when you go out, every Italian restaurant has it as a dessert option on their menu. Tiramisu is constructed from lady finger cookies which are then dipped in espresso:hubba:and then put in the dish and all that creamy goodness glues it all together into the final product. Since there are many ways you can vary the quality of the ingredients tiramisu can be anywhere from not so good to over the moon.;)

Enjoy~!:cool:

tiramisu-main.jpg

tiramisu.jpg

tiramisu_3365.jpg

Tiramisu translates to "pick me up" in Italian, or at least that is what i have been told. And it is a pick me up. chocolate and espresso and sugar. what else is there in life, oh right, cannabis.

Rosebud said:
Tiramisu translates to "pick me up" in Italian, or at least that is what i have been told. And it is a pick me up. chocolate and espresso and sugar. what else is there in life, oh right, cannabis.

I've tried the olive gardens, and a couple bakerys, but hey, safeway runs a sale on it, i'm gonna check it out for 5 bucks, the authintic's got some liqours in it, ya lots of recipes, last months AARP magazine had a whole article on it, I love a Boardoe from See's candy, a Bardaux, him tough spelling,

I reread the posts lol, I haven't tried the Artisan brand from Safeway yet!! but for five bucks I've got to.

Local Italian deli here called Cortina's sells store made Tiramisu, its very good, i had some today my GF went to pick up some Coldcuts, and hooked me up, it was great for my sweet tooth.

Carl JRs has a new ice cream sandwich that is made out of a giant oreo cookie, its quite possibly the best thing ever.

I really like PannaCotta. I make one with Berries Sauce. Crazy stuff :aok:

SKAGITMAGIC said:
I've tried the olive gardens, and a couple bakerys, but hey, safeway runs a sale on it, i'm gonna check it out for 5 bucks, the authintic's got some liqours in it, ya lots of recipes, last months AARP magazine had a whole article on it, I love a Boardoe from See's candy, a Bardaux, him tough spelling,
Bordeaux. Probably my second fav Sees cream filling after Butterscotch Squares. I am rabid for Molasses Chip and Apricot Bon Bons as well.

Latest posts

Back