TKR's 'are you crazy!?!' grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey tkr i hope it all goes well with your father in law as you seem such a nice fella i take my hat off to you.
T4

Gas tank is full, got my coffee cup topped to the brim, and I'm about to hit the road. First I wanted to update you fine folks.

Thanks for the kind words dr. The mother in law texted me a little while ago saying that he was awake and eager for our trip. Brought a little tear to my eye knowing he's aware of it.

Rose, I'll definitely check into that book. There's a books-a-million and barnes and noble near the interstate of the exit. I'll stop by there and see if maybe they have it. If not I'll order it online. Thanks!!

Appreciate it bho!

Same to you t4pb. Thank you so much for the kind words.

Now to the real update. I only have my phone with me so I won't be posing pics, but they will come soon. I do have good news. Out of 48 seeds, 46 of them are above ground and showing green. 1 of them popped but looked like it fizzled out before getting a tail. I am leaving it as is and seeing if anything will happen.

The last one, well, I lost it. I didnt pop so I was going to try scuffing it up some, and it fell into the jiffy pellet thing, and I haven't seen it since. Maybe it fell in some dirt and nature will take it's course and I'll find it. It was #44, which is a chemdawg x true blueberry cross. I've got a few more of these, so I'll probably pop another one.

It's funny...at one point germing seeds scared me so much. "what if nothing happens? It's never going to grow!!! You suck TKR, can't even get a stupid seed to crack!!!!". Things like that.

Now, I just tossed 48 seeds onto one of those cheap starters from walmart, water and light = POW green!!

I've tried so many different methods and I've had near 100% success with them all. Now this is the part of the grow that gets me the least worked up.

Alrighty folks. I'm hitting the road. Update later!

My friend, be ready for the coming days, it isn't easy at all! The days are long and agonizing, the suffering immense, the pain for everyone in the house (and beyond) grows and grows. Be ready....I know what you'll be going through and will be here if you ever wish to just vent! Trust me, I know and care.

Grow big, my friend!!! :D

Thanks for the well wishes rose and roddy. And if I haven't said it yet roddy, congrats on the MVP award. Very well deserved!

Small update for y'all. I'm sad to announce that 6 didn't survive out of the original 48. Here's the list of the deceased:
#08. Cataract kush #1
#10. Lemon fuse #1
#12. Rocksters cheese
#13. Rocksters cheese
#19. Sinister kush #1
#36. SOAS #1

Since those last 4 were the main focus of this grow, this is unacceptable, and I'll be starting more of those.

One of the seeds were lost, I don't recall which one though. I think it was #36. #10 died because of MH clumsiness. I dropped the cup and it tore in about 8 pieces upon contact with concrete. 2 others cracked and fizzled before much of a tail was established. I didn't document which ones though. Another one never cracked. It's still in the cup and I'll attempt to scuff that one up and give it another go.

The last death was interesting. I came home from a rather long day at the office and went to peep in on them and saw the poor plant. I was perplexed because although I've read so much on this subject, I've never come across this before. I don't like coming here without an idea of what my problem is and some idea of a solution. I like to have my research done and sort of ask for confirmation/other opinions.

So I searched. And searched. And searched.

I spent hours looking through the books I have on these subjects, never mentioned. TGA seems to have never run across this problem. Neither has Clarke. I finally found a few other documented cases online, but no name for such a horrible disease. I couldn't stand it, so I dubbed it: DnD syndrome.

Dumb n dumber syndrome is when your plants "head" falls off. I'm guessing it got clipped by the seed casing because it was still attached to the "evidence" when I found my plant.

The remaining 42 plants have been placed in solo cups and placed under LED panels in my tent to veg until they are transplanted. Pics coming tomorrow.

Good luck mate, it must be hard with that many seeds :aok:

THANKS, my friend, I am just glad to participate!! :)

Sorry to hear about the lost gals, hopefully the new ones will grow!! Waiting for pics!!! :) :)

Sounds good. Hope all is well. I am with Roddy and (patiently) waiting for the pictures. I am definitely sure you have lots going on there. I am having trouble with my 5 plants outdoor, so I can't even imagine you and having around 45!!! Respect to you, for at least having the balls...

Stay up brother.

Update time:

I've been slacking in my GJ's and my grows. They've been neglected a bit as other things have been going on. Between his sickness, dealing with extra people in the house, working all the time, and having this grow away from home has made things a bit difficult.

Last week I underwent some tests for MS. No results yet..those should come in this week. I've been trying to keep calm about this and the waiting. I think I'm doing a decent job. I'm trying to not focus on this much but it stays with me at times.

Note to self: find more time to self balance.

I checked on the babies last night and things seem to be going well. I've got my good camera with me today, and at lunch I'm heading over there to water and take pics. Pics will be posted this evening, no nonsense this time.

as promised

DSC00790.JPG

DSC00791.JPG

Man ... so many cups !!! Good handling with those babies. Good luck.

It's almost a good thing I lost 6. I could fit them, and move the fans to the sides, but I love the set up like so. The LED panel comes down right on top of the plants. I mean, right on top of them. Everything should be nice and compact, even canopy.

I wasn't too good at keeping dates to start off. I think this is day 24. It's right around there, anyway.

DSC00799.JPG

DSC00800.JPG

DSC00801.JPG

I am very sorry to hear about the situation your family has found itself in. I'm not a religious man but I will throw some prayers your father in laws way.;)

Thanks for that Thomas. He ended up passing away on the 17, just over a week ago. His suffering is over.

Thanks for coming by bro!

the 3 plants in smart pots are AK-47 autos from Lowlife. They are at day 28, I believe.

DSC00811.JPG

DSC00812.JPG

DSC00813.JPG

DSC00814.JPG

DSC00815.JPG

I've got good news and bad news.

The bad news is that I'm having to yank this grow down, and there's a possibility that the monster Tahoe plant in flower @ day 21, my 3d plant in flower @ day 15, 9 third dimension clones and 1 Tahoe clone that I just flipped yesterday might have to come down also.

After 10 years of contracting in the oil field, I have been offered a very lucrative position with a major oil company. It's something that my family and I have been working real hard on since I first came into the office over 2 years ago. We are extremely excited about this new chapter in our lives.

The only problem with this is that we have to relocate to another state, and with my kids, it will take at least 3 days to get there. The company isn't paying for the move so we won't be able to hire a professional company to do it because of costs. Other problems that arise are that as of right now, we don't have a place to go, and there's an extreme possibility that I'll have to go up there and rent an apartment for a few months while she sorts out things back home. It depends on where we move, and if I have to go out infront and where I'll be living. I'll find out next week when my expected start date is. I'm expecting at least a month, but hoping for 2. That'll give me time to harvest everything.

Because the job is definite, I know I won't have time for these little ones to grow out and I am not driving 40 plants from one area known for it's harsh cultivation laws to another area known for it's harsh cultivation laws. So what I've done is on the plants that have shown sex already, I've taken every viable branch that I can take for clones put them in ziplock bags and put them in the veggie tray. Now we cross our fingers that they make the trip, and I can get them rooted when I make it to our new home.

Here is a list of the females that I've identified so far and clipped clones of and tossed the stripped plant away.

02. Larry OG #2
03. La confidential x ak-48 #1
06. Satori #1
09. Cataract kush #2
18. Redrock #2
22. Super silver haze #2
23. OG graze #1
28. Klondike #1
31. Darkstar #2
33. New blue diesel #2
43. Indigo #2

There are other confirmed females but the side branching wasn't enough to take clones yet so they're getting more veg time.

So, there ya go.

Congratulations on the job. I bet the clones will be fine. I have had them on the window sill in water for a month and they were fine. Too bad you have to take it down, but for a great reason. Again, congrats.

Latest posts

Back