To All T5 Users

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dman1234

Im going to get a 4 bulb HO fixture, I will use it for veg only, so I want all 4 bulbs to be 6400K right? or do I want 2 6400K and 2 3000K ?

I like to use all blue spectrum tubes--anywhere around 6500K.

I agree with THG.

Did it both ways and I like the way the all 6500's grew better in veg. (shorter, stouter.)

Thanks folks, its what i thought but better to ask before buying.

these are 2000 lumen bulbs correct?

54 watts
Color Temperature: 6500° Kelvin
Color Rendering: 85 CRI
MOL: 46 inches
Initial Lumens: 5000
Average Rated Life: 20,000 hrs
Commercial Life (12 hour start): 25,000 hrs

These are my specs for my T-5's

Thanks PC.

The bulbs im looking at says only 2000 lumens, they are 2 ft though??

not sure im looking at the right bulbs, i will keep looking.

Yes, dman 2 footers put out 2230 lumens 3 ft-3620,4ft-5000 . I just went thru the same thing a few days ago.

Dman ... See if you find any of those ... they give 3650 initial and are 2feet.

hxxp://www.agri-culture.eu/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/52_363/products_id/1327.

Those are the ones that i have. 4 of them.

P.S.: Here the product info:

hxxp://www.ecat.lighting.philips.com/l/tuv-pl-l-21118/tuv-pl-l-927908704007_eu/prd/aa/?ctn=927908704007_EU

I bought the PLL-55 fixture and tubes--they are a 2' double tube that emits 5000 lumens. Here they are:

hXXp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-Supply-2-Foot-2-Lamp-PL-55-Tek-Lamp.asp

hXXp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-Supply-2-Foot-4-Lamp-PL-55-Tek-Lamp.asp

The Hemp Goddess said:
I bought the PLL-55 fixture and tubes--they are a 2' double tube that emits 5000 lumens. Here they are:

Thanks THG,

HTG wont ship to Canada, if they did i would have ordered already, and trust me I have told them that. ;)

But atleast i know what im looking for, thanks.

The Hemp Goddess said:

I have the same set up.

But, now I get my tubes from xxx.atlantalightbulbs.com

Same price as HTG, but they last longer and are much brighter in a side by side. To be fair, the HTG bulbs were several months old.

The brand is EIKO.

Wet

I ordered & received a box of 4' t5 HO bulbs that are a 10k kelvin. I am usualy running 6500 K in my T5's during veg. I have never seen these 10,000 Kelvin bulbs before? What gives?

I am posting this here in case someone else shopping for a 8 bulb 4' T5 comes to this thread doing a T5 search.

I had my first less than great experience with HTG Supply when I recently ordered the 8 bulb SLIMSTAR model. Bad workmanship. While I was waiting on HTG to open up Monday, I found that Amazon has a vendor who offers a Hydrofarms 8 bulb 4' T5 for ten dollars less ($204 plus FREE shipping for a total savings of approx. $35) that's a lot better quality and comes with a 5 year warranty. I planned on returning the poor quality HTG Slimstar but HTG offered to replace it with their Growbrite model that sells for $270. The warranty is not as good but it looks to be the same design as Hydrofarms T5. I've always been pleased with HTG so I went along with them on this one. But I'd suggest looking elsewhere for a 8 bulb T5. HTG doesn't offer the best price or quality or warranty on the 8 bulb model.

It is important to note that T5s usually require new fixtures and cannot be easily retrofitted into existing T8 or T12 systems.However, using fixtures specifically designed for T5 lamps optimizes performance and prevents the misapplication of other types of lamps – a common problem with T8 systems. Compared to metal-halide systems, T5s offer better lighting quality due to a higher color-rendering index, better light distribution, and lumen maintenance.

hXXp://www.htgsupply.com/Category-T5-Fluorescent.asp

10,000 Kelvin daylight bulbs in 4' T5 HO 54 w

diane21 said:
It is important to note that T5s usually require new fixtures and cannot be easily retrofitted into existing T8 or T12 systems.However, using fixtures specifically designed for T5 lamps optimizes performance and prevents the misapplication of other types of lamps – a common problem with T8 systems. Compared to metal-halide systems, T5s offer better lighting quality due to a higher color-rendering index, better light distribution, and lumen maintenance.

Spam Sucks

All the good info an you blew it with the Live link.....I see someone all ready changed your pebbles red for it.

That one's over my head MM, maybe Hick or someone knowing more about spectrum will jump in.

Latest posts

Back