To Foliar or not to Foliar that is the question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBFan said:
Well then Hick, you should read up on the benefits of using a bacterial active tea as a foilar spray. It will prevent many types of diseases, molds, and fungus and help develop disease resistant plants and also help prevent against many insect problems.

Just sayin' ;)

:goodposting: yeah, that.

Im with you BBfan. I use both kelp meal and seaweed concentrate in my foliar spray, compost tea and liquid nutrients.

comp tea is great for many things but just a few are that it keeps insects & molds at bay which is huge. ive just started playing w/ amino & fulvic acids as foliars & if you time it just right before a feeding you can get explosive growth in soil. benefits of aminos are:
- Increases concentration of cholophyll which leads to higher photosynthesis in the plants.
- Helps to increase mineralization of the of the organic matter.
- Increases the absoption and transportation of micronutrients throughout the plant.
- Increase of amino acids increases protein synthesis

fulvic bennies are:

-improves plant cell permeability. This means that the plant cells absorbs more nutrients
-it acts as a chelating agent; it holds nutrients such as iron, zinc, manganese, copper and other important plant nutrients 2 for the plant to absorb. Chelation in the soil improves nutrient availability to your growing plants.

docfishwrinkle said:
comp tea is great for many things but just a few are that it keeps insects & molds at bay which is huge. ive just started playing w/ amino & fulvic acids as foliars & if you time it just right before a feeding you can get explosive growth in soil. benefits of aminos are:
- Increases concentration of cholophyll which leads to higher photosynthesis in the plants.
- Helps to increase mineralization of the of the organic matter.
- Increases the absoption and transportation of micronutrients throughout the plant.
- Increase of amino acids increases protein synthesis

fulvic bennies are:

-improves plant cell permeability. This means that the plant cells absorbs more nutrients
-it acts as a chelating agent; it holds nutrients such as iron, zinc, manganese, copper and other important plant nutrients 2 for the plant to absorb. Chelation in the soil improves nutrient availability to your growing plants.
Hey Doc! How you been? Good post.

You also applying the amino acid in drench or just foilar? What product you using? Thanks.

I know that the question was not for me and most ppl don't consider my opinions but here it is:

BN SPRAYMIX - BN Spraymix is a pure biological and non-toxic care product and consists of a special combination of sea-algae and organic extracts. This product consists of auxine, sea-algae, chelated calcium, vitamins, amino acids, 80 trace elements, natural fatty-acids and a great number of natural growing and flowering hormones.

The special combination of these components makes for a better metabolism, a better budding of eyes and shoots and a higher chlorophyll production, (this is of great importance for cultivating with artficial lightning). This is especially an important product for mother plants and cuttings. In case of mother plants, BN Spraymix makes for more shoots and consequently more cuttings. In case of cuttings, spraying with this product makes for vitality and long-lasting green cuttings.

Humic Acid is also good stuff but Fulvic Acid makes all the difference. The two together are tha bomb. What i use is BN X-Cel (Humic) and BN TML (Fulvic). No overdose. You can put what you want. More dosage, bigger nute absorption.

bho_expertz said:
I know that the question was not for me and most ppl don't consider my opinions but here it is:

BN SPRAYMIX - BN Spraymix is a pure biological and non-toxic care product and consists of a special combination of sea-algae and organic extracts. This product consists of auxine, sea-algae, chelated calcium, vitamins, amino acids, 80 trace elements, natural fatty-acids and a great number of natural growing and flowering hormones.

The special combination of these components makes for a better metabolism, a better budding of eyes and shoots and a higher chlorophyll production, (this is of great importance for cultivating with artficial lightning). This is especially an important product for mother plants and cuttings. In case of mother plants, BN Spraymix makes for more shoots and consequently more cuttings. In case of cuttings, spraying with this product makes for vitality and long-lasting green cuttings.

Humic Acid is also good stuff but Fulvic Acid makes all the difference. The two together are tha bomb. What i use is BN X-Cel (Humic) and BN TML (Fulvic). No overdose. You can put what you want. More dosage, bigger nute absorption.

BHO--I am curious how this could work. To have more shoots, you have to have closer internodal spacing--are they claiming tighter internodes with this product? And I mean no offense here, but your plants have quite large internodal spacing. Do you foliar feed with this? What benefit do you believe it gives you?

BB im using water soluble from kelp4less.com until i find better prices in bulk locally. i actually am using the 50/50 blend of humic & fulvic. then add the aminos. yes i do drench & foliar. follow the directions to a tee. now this dont apply to organics but if chems nutes are involved then go no higher than 5% to start, ie: 500ppm of nutes would be to add 25ppm of fulvic. i will foliar one week & drench the next, as if i do both in one week it starts to twist the new growth. no burn. im getting ready to tie em down so when i do i will snap pics & put in my GJ "mish mash beans"

oh & im doing better, got to go to docs for consultation on laser surgery for back. how you been?

THG in my lil exp w/ this method i found it dont make more shoots just makes em grow like crazy & w/ what i use you cant overdose w/ just humic fulvic & or aminos in veg by themselves but cut back a lil on the nutes when adding together as it supercharges the plants ability for nute uptake. IME

I think that it "accelerates" the growth giving more grow then if you don't give any foliar. I have seen this happen. Usually after giving the spray i could notice a stronger/faster development of the plants the day after.

I think that you know why my plants have large internodal ... I veg with 18/6 and only for few weeks. Perhaps the foliar helped a little with that since it has N. I can have some spacing but i think that they are very healthy and they look healthy so some benefits it gave me for sure ;).

I also think that internodal spacing is only light related but i'm not sure.

also to control stretch would be to add mad amounts of algae products, but im in the middle of researching so dont have much to go from as of yet

docfishwrinkle said:
THG in my lil exp w/ this method i found it dont make more shoots just makes em grow like crazy & w/ what i use you cant overdose w/ just humic fulvic & or aminos in veg by themselves but cut back a lil on the nutes when adding together as it supercharges the plants ability for nute uptake. IME

What i do to mantain the EC level is to double the things that i give. For late flowering ( after stopping nutes ) i will triple the amount of "stimulants" so it can absorb the last salts in the soil.

@bho_expertz- I value your opinion. Thanks for the input. I'm not familiar with "BN Spraymix" but I'll def look into it.

docfishwrinkle said:
BB im using water soluble from kelp4less.com until i find better prices in bulk locally. i actually am using the 50/50 blend of humic & fulvic. then add the aminos. yes i do drench & foliar. follow the directions to a tee. now this dont apply to organics but if chems nutes are involved then go no higher than 5% to start, ie: 500ppm of nutes would be to add 25ppm of fulvic. i will foliar one week & drench the next, as if i do both in one week it starts to twist the new growth. no burn. im getting ready to tie em down so when i do i will snap pics & put in my GJ "mish mash beans"

oh & im doing better, got to go to docs for consultation on laser surgery for back. how you been?

Hey doc- Good luck with the MD and the laser consult. Hope it's an option for you.

I use a ton of kelp in foilar (liquid products from Espoma and Neptune) and drench (kelp meal in soil mix). You add aminos to that? Powder or liquid? I'll have to do some research.

I use humic ("Humbolt" from Humboldt) in a foilar tea mix, but more for the tea than thinking about the benefits of humic/fulvic directly to the plant. Always thought of it as a jump start for the microbial activity. I've always thought that since fulvic is derived from humic (the stuff I use is from leonardite) that the humic was sufficient. You see additional benefits from fulvic? I know Umbra's always telling me to use fulvic too. Interesting stuff.

Thanks folks. Good stuff.

I think that you see more benefits from fulvic then from humic but the best is to use both ... Thanks BBFan ... My props to you.

fulvic acid molecules are smaller than humic therefore easier to get "into" the plant through the roots & leaves. humic is huge & obv fulvic is produced from it but it works so much better than just humic. i agree w/ BHO & if i were to pick between fulvic & humic it would be fulvic hands down.

BHO you say you double dose in flower to maintain EC. now youre just doubling the "addies" & not the nutes, correct?

Thanks guys--you have added to my knowledge today. I will be doing some more reading on this......ear...take a hit of this:
:48:

docfishwrinkle said:
BHO you say you double dose in flower to maintain EC. now youre just doubling the "addies" & not the nutes, correct?

Of course ;). But what i will do is when i stop feeding them ( perhaps 15-20 days before harvest ) will continue to give the addies ( perhaps a little more then the double ) because of all the salts that are in the soil. I feed them each 10 days with deltanueve EC 1.6-1.8 and each watering with BloomBastic and ATA Flavour EC 0.7-0.8. I use fulvic, humic and enzymes in every watering except with deltanueve that i give just fulvic.

But i'm learning :eek: and trying to have sucess :cool:

Thanks guys. I'm going to order some fulvic.

after a about 6 weeks a plant's roots begin to become less efficient at transporting nutrients up the plant, IMO I've found it to be beneficial to mist with nutrients every other week or so, but not so much with buds because yes bud rot is something to worry about.

GIG good post & nice to have ya here.

BHO do you know if i could get delta 9 in the states? if not gimme a PM

THG we might have changed your ways & views on foliar? nice

Hey BHO- I think the BN is only available on your side of the pond- I couldn't even find it on line with US shipping.

I did get some amino acids in dry form and also some fulvic. I'll mix up my own spray and give it a go. Thanks for the input guys (and ladies).

Latest posts

Back