To Foliar or not to Foliar that is the question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
So is Foliar feeding or misting very important, with or without nutes? does it depend on humidity? If so how often? I am pretty sure you don't do it when you have budding plants but what about up until then?... I told you I don't know much

IMO foliar feeding isn't necessary at all. Sometimes plant deficiencies may be easier to fix via foliar feeding, but normally its unnecessary. Especially if the flowering period where foliar feeding can actually promote budrot.

Same here....I don't do it unless I need to quickly treat a deficiency, and I never do it in flower. Jmo

In veg and in 1st week flower i foliar spray with a product called Spray-Mix from BioNova and i do it when the lights go on and off.

I always foilar feed right up to the first few weeks of flower. My favorite is a mix of kelp for indoors. Outdoors I like to use an active compost tea.

But I guess I'm in the minority here. Works great for me though.

If just misting without nutes, waste of time. Some do feed when misting, i don't...whatever works best for you!

There is really no reason to mist and several not too. I do not believe that it is necessarily beneficial to mist if you do not have a deficiency you are trying to treat.

I do foliar feed with Thrive Alive, but I only do it during the cloning process as IME it significantly helps the clones thrive during the rooting process. I definitely do not spray anything if at all possible during flower. :)

Don't mean to say that I never mist anything--I do dome and mist clones. I live in an area that can rival the Sahara Desert for low RH. It is not uncommon for my RH to be below 20%.

I use a foliar spray, made from an active compost tea, every other week in Veg up to flowering. I dont use it in flower unless i have a deficiency, but I don't use it after the second week.

Compost Tea
5 Gallons PHd Water (I used distilled)
3 Tablespoons unsulfured molasses
2 Tablespoons Dr. Earth Seaweed Concentrate per gallon of water
1 cup compost per gallon of water
1-2 cups Worm Castings

When i feed my girls i add 1 cup Dr. Earth Organic 5 fertilizer (veg) or Organic 8 fertilizer (Flower) per gallon of water

Ive never used bat guano, plan on it next season.

I foliar (that sounds so naughty) with neem oil a couple times during veg to kill and repel bugs. I haven't seen a bug in my jungle since OOH SHINY!

"IF" your medium/soil is providing everything your plants need, can use. "I" don't believe there are any benefits to foliar feeding.

Hick said:
"IF" your medium/soil is providing everything your plants need, can use. "I" don't believe there are any benefits to foliar feeding.

Well then Hick, you should read up on the benefits of using a bacterial active tea as a foilar spray. It will prevent many types of diseases, molds, and fungus and help develop disease resistant plants and also help prevent against many insect problems.

Just sayin' ;)

Back in 1984 I went to Baveria Germany for the summer and saw the dairy farmers using cow manure that was made into a tea and then sprayed onto the grass covered pastures. That grass would grow like crazy and would be a beautiful green. I figured it was growing like that to get away from the smell :)

Really? Why is that? I mean it doesn't get anymore organic than that. Some greeniac decide that it is causing global warming?

I foliar feed with magic green. Thats me though

those are the same laws that don't let ppl kill pigs at theirs homes ( the rural ones ) or have old wood wovens. Stupid laws to make ppl buy stuff :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back