To harvest or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bigjimflub

so im getting tight for time. im going away soon for two weeks and dont want to leave the lights on during flowering in case the whole place burns down. literally it is going to be perfect during the two weeks so ill probably have to harvest early but was wondering what would happen if they were left in complete darkness for two weeks. would they die? would they dry out without water? would that matter because you want dry buds?is it an option just to leave them till i come back?

2 weeks without water and light is going to kill them for sure
your best bet other than an early harvest ( which is the best idea ) is get someone to tend to them for you, or in the next 2 weeks before the trip set up and auto-water and light-timer system for the weeks you are gone (which is not the greatest idea because if anything happened like a fire you would be screwed) I would say get someone you trust to tend you them or .. more safely.. harvest early.. i had to with my grow and i lost a little bit of yeild but the weed was bomb.

yeah i think harvesting early will have to be the way. dont trust anyone and certainly dont want lights on when im not there. if i only get a smaller yield thats not too bad. once it doesnt degrade the potency too much ill be happy. cheers tecks

Well Your in a predicament.
1. How far into flower are you and how early is this harvest gonna be? If harvestd way to early potency and yeild will be awful.

2. Problem with having someone else tend your grow. Your breaking the first rule. TELL NO ONE. Even close freinds have a problem when a nice juicy crystal gorgeous bud better than anything they have had in a long time is staring them right in the face. Then the thought "look at all them buds....he won't miss just one". Then you come back to your oven smellin like herb from quick drying :eek: and your freind baked off his ass. Or worse yet a few freinds sittin around, then a whole bunch know ya grow.

theyll be about 7 weeks and looks like theyll need 9 to be perfect. they are only four in at the moment, i'm just planning ahead. If i gave them a couple of less light hours would they finish sooner.

Latest posts

Back