To manicure or not to manicure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I manicure (Top or trim)?

• Yes

• No!!

• Never top!!

• Lollipop

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wny_outdoorsman

Reaction score
I have a question that I have gotten varying responses to in the past I'd like to see how they turn out here

Last edited:
Personally I almost always manicure and my technique is wait for 5 branches then remove every other one then start training. Of these branches i let them grow until they have several node's then I remove every other node one time. Never top!

Sometimes when growing from seed I will leave them alone and never trim other than giant fan leaves on occasion to get light into the middle.

I lollipop everything.
Outdoors I top.
I never just trim leaves.

I always lollipop clones bc they grow very strange looking if you don't , I can't grow indoor and like outdoor better anyway.

trimming has a purpose, it's not just some willy nilly thing. I haven't heard you mention any of those reasons even once.

trimming has a purpose, it's not just some willy nilly thing. I haven't heard you mention any of those reasons even once.
well "Willy Nilly", and that shall your new name, I assumed (I know the analogy) that everyone here realized maybe not that when you trim properly you make two budding sites out of one hence thickening your plant and potentially increasing your yeild. Also it makes a prettier plant if done right. My technique seems to work well for me and it is systematic not Willy Nilly .... "Willy Nilly" you seem awefully
Judgmental - but if you're having fun with it carry on ...

Hmmm, it's not about being judgemental as much as gaging your skill set. There are reasons for doing everything when it comes to growing cannabis. It was a simple observation about a subject some people struggle with. Your response is noted.

Latest posts

Back