"To Nute or not to Nute" That is the question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DillaWilla

Reaction score
Can one of the wisemen answer this question; When is the ideal time to start giving the plant nutrients? I am growing from seeds and will probably induce flowering once the plant is 1.5 ft tall after using the "LST" method. In your opinion what is the best, most easily available brand and what should I look for in nutes? Thanks, Peace!

Okay this is my 2 cents dude a would start giving them nutes after
the 2 week or when they reach 6 inches tall and What do you mean
By "most easily available brand" Like the easiest to get? or what?? I
Would order "Fox Farms" or order some "Age Old" They are the Best
from what Mutt and Hick say Hope I Helped you out little Peace out
and Happy Growin :)

It depends on the growing medium.

If you are using soil that has been pre-amended with nutrients you don't want to add nutrients for up to 2 months. If it's just plain soil then start adding nutes at day 12--14.

Btw, you don't determine when to flower by how tall a plant is. You want to wait until the plant is sexually mature, indicated by alternating nodes.
This usually occurs after 4--6 weeks of growth.

Add: Keep running veg nutes until 3 weeks into flowering to provide N for the "stretch" during which the plant will more than double in height.

Yea I gotcha, I am growing indoors in a 4'ft Tall, 5'ft Wide, 2'ft Deep grow box(see my pics in growroom setup and design) I only have about 3 ft of vertical space and need to manage it. I am aware of looking for alternating nodes to gauge when to start flowering. I am hoping I can "LST" train the plants to grow no more than 1.5 ft tall at maturity. Is this not possible? I figure that will allow them to double in size during flowering without overgrowing the grow space. By the way I am starting with a strain called "Misty" which I believe is an Indica plant that is breed to be short :cool: To answer your question I am using premium potting soil with no ferts added. So what your both basically saying is to start feeding the nutes at about 2 weeks or 6", and that "Fox Farms" or "Old Age" are brands I can trust and are all I need up to 3 weeks into flowering??? By "easiest available" I did mean not hard to find or access...Thanks for your help!

I would recomend super thrive cause it won't burn your plants and it works great. Might want to read on it be for use.

Super thrive is not a fertilizer. It is mainly horticultural vitamin B-1 and might more correctly be termed as an additive or amendant.
The reason I don't use it is because they put stuff in it that they don't want you to know about-- "secret" hormones--and I like to KNOW what I'm putting in my plants.
Better (imo) and cheaper are products called Thrive Alive.

Vitamin B-1 is used mainly to prevent transplant shock. There is no need to use it on a regular basis.

first of all thanks for all the replies...Question for Guru??? Is thrive alive a fert or an additive??? And should I use "Fox Farm" or "Old Age" to feed with? Otherwise what do you recommend as the best all around fert for vegging that wil supply the plants with a full spectrum of essential nutrients? Thanks

Ok here is an update...I talked to a guy at the local "Hydro Store" and he recommended that for indoor soil growing I use the following for vegging: Fox Farm "Grow Big", Liquid Karma Plant Stimulant, and Cal-Mag Plus. He said to switch the FF "Grow Big" to FF "Big Bloom" or FF "Tiger Bloom" for flowering with continued use of the others listed above. He also recommended FF "Ocean Forest premium potting soil" which consists of rich composted forest humus, spaghnum peat for aeration, bat guano, fish, crab, shrimp and Norwegian kelp meals - and of course, Fox Farm's premium earthworm castings. Does all this sound like the right combination for soil and fertilizers?? Thanks your advice means alot:D

I'd say yes..yeah that superthrive is lethal..it says you can use it on seedlings, vegging, flowering, etc but i think it killed my plants..

Hola! Que Pasa, Ayuda Me Por Fa Vor!

Hello, Whats Up...Help me please! I want to get this stuff soon and dont want to overbuy or buy the wrong stuff...Wisemen were you at???

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back