To treat or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegas Kid

Reaction score
Ambient 103 F - RH 10%
tonight 80 F 26% RH

Room 81 F – 51% RH
Tonight 75 F 45% RH

370 PPM – Maxi Bloom
5.6 PH

Top feed, Hydroton

Nutrient Maxi-Bloom

It is hard to tell where the heat stress stops and the deficiency’s begin.
flipped 4/23/2014
pollinated 5 /9 to 5/14/2014 (min 44 days)

I have refrained from addressing the deficiency’s since the she has entered her Senescence which presents a myriad of symptoms. The nutes are low because evaporation causes concentration in the root zone. Weekly flush shows up to a 1.0 rise in ph and 70 to 100 ppm.
Early in the plants life I treated a calcium deficiency with cal-mag and got scorched tips from the nitrogen. From the pics it looks like Mg and S problems. I will say the plant looks better under the flash rather than the HPS. I do have Epson salts.
I am so close to the finish I am reluctant to “cure” and wind up killing it.

View attachment cluster d.jpg

View attachment cluster c.jpg

View attachment cluster b.jpg

View attachment cluster a.jpg

hello vegas

I have a question

you provided ambient temp numbers and room temp numbers and honestly im not clear

I understand it freakin hot out... so I assume your running a/c??

if your room temp is 85 and rh 45% you wouldn't have heat stress unless the light was very very close and then it would only be at the top of the plant

I have run a room as high as 95 degrees and barely showed heat stress

also 45% RH is actually pretty good... and certainly the rh isn't low enough to justify such low ppm

I don't mean to be rude but I must say that plant looks all kinds of fubar

I think you might have a hermie there... I think I see seeds combined with irregular growth

not likely that plant will recover... I would pluck it asap and start again

try feeding 600 to 800 ppm or an EC of about 1.1 or 1.2

make sure your ph is correct and make sure your supplementing with cal/mag

ahhh you are intentionally pollinating it?

im sorry if I got it wrong and im misunderstand bud:vap-Bong_smoker:

but either way id feed more

It looks like your going to get some seed fromm it as it is so why mess with it tat this point just let it ride until you get your seed

That Baby is a Male for sure,,and on purpose im also sure of. LOL.

im going to question your nutes a bit also

although your obviously def at that ppm for some reason your not showing much sign of N def and while some areas are light much of it is very dark green so it could be getting enough iron also so im wondering if theres something more going on?

wouldnt hurt to give them a light foilage spray lets hope you get some healthy seeds

That is a seeded plant... not going to be a lot of smoke there. did you mean to do that?

im going to question your nutes a bit also

although your obviously def at that ppm for some reason your not showing much sign of N def and while some areas are light much of it is very dark green so it could be getting enough iron also so im wondering if theres something more going on?

three things are going on.

nutrient concentration in the grow media due to evaporation and
Senescence

This is the triggering of the reproductive phase of the life cycle which is followed by senescence and eventual death. The leaves of Cannabis plants form fewer leaflets during flowering until the floral clusters are formed of tri-leaflet and mono-leaflet leaves. This is a reversal of the heteroblastic (variously shaped) trend of increased leaflet number through the pre- floral stage.
Marijuana Botany An Advanced Study: The Propagation and Breeding of Distinctive Cannabis
by Robert Connell Clarke

so much for the growth pattern.

and not to be too rude, when you posted (off topic) in the desert garage thread did you read it? 38 posts since you joined 3 days ago, take a breath man.

wouldnt hurt to give them a light foilage spray lets hope you get some healthy seeds
Never having used foliar, please define a light spray for a plant the is 57 days into pollination, thanks

three things are going on.

nutrient concentration in the grow media due to evaporation and
Senescence

This is the triggering of the reproductive phase of the life cycle which is followed by senescence and eventual death. The leaves of Cannabis plants form fewer leaflets during flowering until the floral clusters are formed of tri-leaflet and mono-leaflet leaves. This is a reversal of the heteroblastic (variously shaped) trend of increased leaflet number through the pre- floral stage.
Marijuana Botany An Advanced Study: The Propagation and Breeding of Distinctive Cannabis
by Robert Connell Clarke

so much for the growth pattern.

and not to be too rude, when you posted (off topic) in the desert garage thread did you read it? 38 posts since you joined 3 days ago, take a breath man.

ahh ok kid seems like you feel confident... I shall avoid providing you with my 2 cents for the future.. good luck

I know nothing about what your doing, I do buds, but I can feel for ya. just went thru a lot of issues with this grow and just tring to get it finished up for what ever its worth. but My opinion, and I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT GOING TO SEED, IS TO KINDA TRY TO JUST GET IT DONE. ( sorry about caps) . I had white fly issues, nute deficiencies, heatstress AND a white fly infestation all at once so who knows if its right now. LOL. but good luck.

foiler feeding is just spraying the plant with diluted feed water. I don't know what that would do to your seed tho so wont recommend it,

Latest posts

Back