Tobacco and bugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
A buddy and I have black and green BUG problems. We're from MA. and live 40 miles apart. They are feeding, nesting in the girls-big time! They leave a sticky, bubbly substance around the stalk, which has turned black from their use (nest site). I sprayed w, DR. DOOM. Not working. After researching I learned they are GREEN STINKBUG NYMPHS. They're black w/green butt. see pic.from prev.post( help-beetles) Anyway an article said to crush 1 pack of cigarettes,1 teaspoon of liquid dishsoap in a gal. of water overnight.screen out solids and spray on to KILL all the invaders.
QUERY; is it safe to get nicotine and soap on the plants this late (4 weeks+/-) from harvest???
THANKS for your time
P.S. i love "GINGER IT" its a spell check app. (free)

:confused2:

Help be yur side soon enough pilgrem wish i could help ya but dont know much bout bugs just how to eat them hey maybe do that ifin they aint poisonous? Good luck hope yual get it worked out friend.

BWD

http://www.ehow.com/how_5126114_rid-stink-bugs-home-garden.html

this is the link to a good article nasty GREEN STK. BUG problems.they mention several chemicals strong enough to KILLthem.does anyone know if these are safe to use @ 4 weeks from harvest???

yo dude,THANKS for tobacco info.probably be fine and effective to use,but sure not worth the risk of losing the whole garden!!THANKS again:holysheep:

Latest posts

Back