Tobacco Growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Themanwithnoname

I love cigars and growing things so i was browsing some site for plants i can grow for pshycoactive properties i stumbled upon Basementshaman.com and was amazed at all the plants they sold.

I bought a Tobacco Plant that came through the mail in perfect shape about 10 inches tall.
This is not the tobacco that is in cigs or cigars or any other tobacco this is Nicotiana rustica Highly potent tobacco

Its something like 16 times more nicotine than normal tobacco. Trust me a rolled a blunt with some dream herb and after sevrel puffs i was defintly high for 15 minutes straight. (indians used to smoke this stuff until they passed out and supposaly had visionS?) IT was nothing like a nicotine buzz like a cigarrete where you feel dizzy and nausus (Well at least i do) but i was defintly high)

Any way i stuck it in a huge pot and put in by a window its about a couple weeks out of its box and around 12 inches the first week a had a flor on it but its just getting by with sunlight for now.. In the spring ill plant it out side and hope the best..

NOw if anyone knows anything about curing tobacco that would really be nice

oh ps i cant spell

wa wa 001.jpg

wa wa 007.jpg

i had a friend that used to grow his own tobacco, and from what noticed all he did was hang dry them, there may have been a little more to it but i don't think so. but i dont know if it will work the same with your plant, best i can say is give it a try.

There are a lot of different ways to cure tobacco.
First of all, you use the leaves.
One way it's done is to string the leaves on a line and hang in a barn/large building. Depending on the type of curing desired or weather, air circulation alone or heat can be used.
When they are dry but still pliable they are packed in hogsheads (large wooden barrels) under pressure for several YEARS before removing and airing out and beginning processing. Before processing the "veins" are removed.
Sometimes, esp. with top-of-the-line pipe tobacco, two or more types of tobacco are combined and a secondary curing process occurs.
The cut of the tobacco determines how it smokes. There are ribbon cuts, shags, cakes, slices, flakes.
In many types of pipe tobacco, flavorings are used. 3 common flavoring agents are vanilla bean, honey and whiskey.

ADD: Here's a bit more about cultivation: http://www.plot55.com/growing/nicotiana.html

GanjaGuru you never cease to amaze me! You're like a library of things that are actually important in life. :)

Themanwithnoname said:
(indians used to smoke this stuff until they passed out and supposaly had visionS?)

Actually if im not mistaken your thinking of peyote, but maybe that tobacco did it too I don't know anything about tobaccos. Has anyone else heard these stories?

Insane said:
Actually if im not mistaken your thinking of peyote, but maybe that tobacco did it too I don't know anything about tobaccos. Has anyone else heard these stories?

Ive been smoking this stuff for about a couple months (bought online). ITs pretty much super potent tobacco. YOull get a really nice buzz after a couple puffs. if you smoke a whole joint youl think that you are high but then it goes away. i only do it about once a week at most. its not to good on the lungs you see.

PS. the plant it doing fine its only grown a couple more inches but has many new leaves. It started to flower a couple weeks ago but i topped it and i think its goig to stay like this until i can get it outside for the spring.

Insane said:

I have. I tried growing this stuff from seed and it never got anywhere other than about a cm tall. It baffled me and i just gave up. I did read that they pass out and have visions. Peyote is another story, i dont think they go completely unconsious but they couldd.

I have heard stories and smoked some phalaris grass before, supposedly it is one of the steps to shamanism, it has natural DMT in it, supposedly you smoke it, lay back and have visons of some sort of women/virgin mary type stuff, I never got there though.
Growing up in TN. someone told us you could smoke the flowers from tobacco and it would get you a buzz, we got some, they took forever to dry and...nothing.

check this out im tryin to grow my own little herbs (not just mj) for medicne, keeps me outta the doctors office. ALSO thinkin of growin my own tobacco stash so i dont have to pay tobacco companies money and state tax. besides i heard that ol style indian tobacco was better for ya than the poisoned floor sweepings from the cigarette companies. im tellin ya this growin your own stuff is the way to go

growing tobacco is easy ive done it since i was 13, have over 20 types in my seed collection and growing some indian tobacco this year to use as a pesticide for my other plants. curing is relitively easy but it hard to decide which one to use. my favorite way of curing starts by cutting the plants down the center and hanging them upside down outside under a covered area for 5-10 days, some actually put them in the sun but this can cause green leafs (also watch the humidity outside b/c it can mold the plants). then move them inside into an area like a garage or room that is warm and dry until the stems are brittle. this dries the leaves and is the first step. another way to dry is to hand them in an attic and they will dry alot faster but results in some green, which may cause a harsher smoke. this is the first step in curing and the next step takes alot more time but gives the tobacco its flavor and takes out alot of the harsh taste. it involes either aging it for long periods(1-2 years) in a humidity controled enviroment like a humidor or puting it in a kiln/curing chamber that stays at about 130F with very high humidity for about 2-3 weeks. but if you are looking to just smoke for the nicotine and not the flavor just drying it will do but doesn't taste that great, might also want to use a filter to take a little harshness out. P.S burley tobacco doesn't really need to be cured with a kiln or aged just air dry in a warm and dry area, tastes kinda like a american spirit. if anyone got any questions PM me

wonder when alien bait is going to chime in.....

cool plant man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old thread but, if you wish to try something good and different as in tobacco, try growing "tombeki" google for it and you'll be amazed.

Latest posts

Back