Tomatoes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devilweed

Reaction score
Can you clone a tomatoe plant? I have been growing them for years and have always wondered if you can clip em and stick them in Water?

Bad pic of my overgrown Tomato Garden!

samll.jpg

Tomatoes are really easy to clone, I just take some cuttings, a little clone gel (probably don't even need it) and let them sit in a glass of water, you will usually see roots in 3-5 days. I have a good sized branch with 2 tomatoes on it that my dog broke off, I treated it like a cutting and it kept the tomotoes alive and threw roots!

Biffdoggie said:
Tomatoes are really easy to clone, I just take some cuttings, a little clone gel (probably don't even need it) and let them sit in a glass of water, you will usually see roots in 3-5 days. I have a good sized branch with 2 tomatoes on it that my dog broke off, I treated it like a cutting and it kept the tomotoes alive and threw roots!
Cool thanks, Thats what I am doing now. Do you have to use gel or powder, Or is just cut then in water okay?

I would wager just water will be fine but gel can't hurt, I allready had some so I used it.

This is my first "ripe" fruit of the year...Im ganna clone this plant for sure.

tomatoeGIF.jpg

i had no idea you could clone them....but now that i think about it...yeah i wonder why i never thought of it :rolleyes: :D

mine are flowering nicely....and the nice lady next door taught me about pruning the suckers :cool:

Niether did I, but my clipping has roots coming on out of it soo its looking good!

I topped one of hybrid plants and am now attempting to clone it w/o root solution..how long before it should begin to root?

3 days to a week, it took mine almost a week and a half.

2 days and counting...I wonder if tomato clones will have the same effect as a weed clone... hmmmm.....???

well from my understanding..cloned MJ will produce more bud and less leaves..
still learning..am I wrong?

Never heard that before, I've never noticed a difference, there is some belief in the fact that you can only clone the same line so many times before you loose yield/potency, I've never had a problem with that but it might happen with tomatoes.

I dont know..as far as potency with tomatoes..haha I guess they'd be less acidic?...flavorless? worth looking into.

Maybe just less robust or smaller in size perhaps? I'm not sure. It's starting to warm up down here and I used some dutch master foliar spray with penetrator on mine and they have been going crazy.

The Dutch oven...oh yes....I can assure you that I will have ulcers in my mouth all summer......

Get the munchies..Eat tomatoes..I love mother nature.

You can't beat a good juicy tomatoe. Heh, you said dutch oven.

Biffdoggie said:
You can't beat a good juicy tomatoe. Heh, you said dutch oven.
You guys are killin me! Hahahahahahaha

Hey, if you want one of the best reads in the entire world of Hydroponic growing, get a classic.

Hydroponic Food Production by Howard M. Resh.

If you read this book slowly and try to grasp every one of the ideas this guy shows you, you'll learn more in just this one book than you'll believe possible.

My copy is an origonal from it's first printing. I thought it was cool then. Now, they have way better pics and much more accurate nutrient information and the techniques are as current as your copy of the book.

I found copies from 1978 to 2001 online for sale right now.

My favorite book, could you tell?

Latest posts

Back