Too cold????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Reaction score
My closet got down to about 60 last night. Is that too low for 2 plants? :eek:

No it isn't. They'll be fine.

That is the bottom edge of the acceptable temps IMO. Once you cross into the 50s the plants start to shut down.

It's low, but they'll survive. More than a couple times in my life I've had the temps at 60 or lower every night for several days (usually when I'm away) and it has little ill effect. Don't let it get too low though.

Yeah that is right about the roots. I do hydro so my water and roots tend to stay near the same as air temps. yeah, if you can keep the roots warm the upper part of the plant can handle a little bit of cooler temps. :)

I have mine on a table. They're raised so that the bottom of the planters aren't sitting on a surface. They're not touching the bottom of the table. Would it be a good idea to place a heating pad under them? Not on the platform, but on the table.

Hungarian Gypsy said:
I have mine on a table. They're raised so that the bottom of the planters aren't sitting on a surface. They're not touching the bottom of the table. Would it be a good idea to place a heating pad under them? Not on the platform, but on the table.

No, I would not use a heating pad under them. Low end temps of 60 are perfectly fine.

Latest posts

Back