too early to change lights???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I_H8_MY_X

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a couple of plants that have not yet pre flowered and are unknown sex, they are in soil and about 8 - 9" in height from the soil up my other plants have pre flowered and are now 12/12, but the ones that have not pre flowered, can I put the ones who have not preflowered under 12/12 lighting and check daily when they start to preflower to determine sex??

Or should I seperate them and have ones running on 24/0 and the preflowered females under 12/12???

What potential problems can I run into changing the light on schedule on the ones that are not preflowered?

I would have two separate areas if you are not keeping every plant on the same lighting schedule. One for veg/mothers, one for flowering. You run a high risk of hermies if you switch back and forth, and your plants will not like you.

so it can turn gay bi-sexual... well as long as they are happy, is it still smokeable? This would determine my happy time...

Yeah thanks, I have seperated them, but is a bit of a pain in the ass to put them in two seperate areas so one can still run 24/7 for another few weeks, while the other is still flowering... I guess when the others have preflowered, they can join the family later...

yes you can force flower early....i believe the only problem is you have a lower % of females when you do this. ive never tried it....and im sure someone will disagree so who knows...

You can put your young plants into flower this way, but you'll have some nutrient problems more than likely. I would keep them on the vegetative nutrients you're already giving them until they do start to show sign of flowering to sex.

Sex the plants, get rid of the males and then start the flowering nutrients in an upward scale of potency.

sorry just a quick question how long is the veg cycle form seed to switching to 12/12 light i usually start from clone so i am not sure on this but have recently planted 2 from seed and would just like to know . i was told until u see alternating nodes is this tru or is when u see pre flowers ?? sorry

high_man said:
sorry just a quick question how long is the veg cycle form seed to switching to 12/12 light i usually start from clone so i am not sure on this but have recently planted 2 from seed and would just like to know . i was told until u see alternating nodes is this tru or is when u see pre flowers ?? sorry

From seed to sexual maturity usually takes from 4 to 6 weeks. Alternate nodr growth and/or preflowers are indication of maturity.

I started with 4 plants all at the same time, same light, same watering frequency, same distance to light and same nutrients, one of them matured really fast from seed to pre flower was end of 5 weeks, the second tallest is just starting to pre flower female and its on its 7 week, but this one looks like its a hermie from the sounds of it, the other two youngest are unknown, they were slow to germinate took about 2 weeks before I seen any root, so they are still on 24/0 and the other is on 12/12, the hermie I put near the window in another room and let it take in the natural light...

Latest posts

Back