too hot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenDayGirl

"Ganja Chickie"
Reaction score
So here's the problem I'm having. My flower room is getting too hot, even running 3 fans etc. I'd like to move my whole set up down into my basement where it stays nice and cool. Thing is the lights are set from 6am to 6pm and I'd like to switch that around so the lights come on at night. What is the best way to accomplish this without screwing up my plants. Leave the lights on? Or leave the lights off?

In my guess. Now this is a guess. Would be better to give it the "dark" instead of light. As its light leaks during lights off that cause hermies. But this is my guess, not fact.

well that will be tough because I believe that by changing either of those patterns but I would say by giving it more darkness then light would be your best option so just give it a little more dark time each day so that you can have your light start later and later each day

Go with the extra hours of darknss GDG. Interrupting the dark cycle is more likely to trigger hermaphrodism, than omitting the light cycle.

Hick said:
Go with the extra hours of darknss GDG. Interrupting the dark cycle is more likely to trigger hermaphrodism, than omitting the light cycle.

Hick is spot on.
Don't interrupt the dark cycle.
I've done it before, simply by leaving the light ON an extra 12 hours.

Hey Girl. I had this problem last week when I hung the 400w HPS. I needed to switch over to night-time growing for heat problems too. I simply extended the dark cycle until the time I wanted them to start.
I have no idea what effect this will have. I've somehow avoided hermies to this point -- that's a freakin' miracle in itself. Good luck
(I feel weird talking to girls about their cycles)

ive had to do this a couple of times in the last few years without any problems at all,just extend the dark time and you shouldnt have a problem

Latest posts

Back