Too Much Flower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
I am at day 63 and I swear I am seeing little flower petals starting to form on the tops of the buds on my vanilla kush..Is this what happens if you flower too long? or am I trippin out. sorry cam is in the garbage can

NO ITS JUST A FINAL BURST OF FLOWERING MINE HAVE STARTED TO DO IT TOO @ DAY 69.

sOS SHOUTING
T4

Do you have a pic?
The only real flower pedals come from male flowers.

I'm with Growdude--hard to tell without pics. Your plant could just be foxtailing--some strains seem to do it. Or you could have a male flower there.

If you are seeing anything that looks like a flower or flower petal most likely your have a plant hermie.

well I did lose power while lights were on the night before I noticed these. The power went out three times around 30 seconds each time, must have had something to do with this because didnt notice it the day before. Purple haze and sweet wreck look fine. I am gonna harvest tomorrow

dontknowmuch said:
well I did lose power while lights were on the night before I noticed these. The power went out three times around 30 seconds each time, must have had something to do with this because didnt notice it the day before. Purple haze and sweet wreck look fine. I am gonna harvest tomorrow

That will not be the reason if these are hermies. First of all, it would take some time after the light incident to grow nanners. Second, it is interruptions of the dark period that causes hermies--not interruptions of the light period.

Can you post up some pictures? These could be foxtailing and not hermies. Where did you get the seeds? If from a breeder, were they fems?

sorry cant get a good pic because they are so small. the best I can explain is that is looks like a tiny little feather sticking straight up the top of the colas.
I got them from clone at medical dispensery, I was so freaked out at first I plucked a couple off

Either way this late it shouldnt matter.

just be nice to know what strain it is if it is a hermie

The strain is the Sweet Wreck not the Vanilla kush. And the "feathers" are light green ( under hps light). Let's just assume for a moment that it is foxtailing...is that a bad thing? Is it a sign that I should chop or not?

Foxtails:

4473245929_1f799bf61a_o.jpggallery_1685_2376_57701.jpg

Hermie:

715100312.jpg

thanks for your pics Ham...yes they are hermie, now what do I do with them? and how could this of happened I know there are no light leaks. I plucked another one of those litte things off last night and it misted at me and all around my other plants. I am freakin. can I still harvest this and if I do should I dry in seperate area from my others?

mist all plants with water to kill any pollen is the first thing to do. Harvest the hermie and smoke him. It could be a number of thing that caused it light in the dark period in #1, but stress can be a cause as well as the strain. some strains are know for hermies.

i GOT CLONES AT LOCAL MEDICAL DISPENSARY, I seperated the plants, chopped the hermies and cut off the tips of the buds where the horn,leaf,flower,penis whatever ya call it were and hanging to dry. in the meantime I have the others under flos while I clean out the tent real well. I am in wa state if anyone would like to donate some good clones,It took forever for me to find these and think they may be bad genetics. My wife is sick and needs these meds

Part of the trouble with buying the "unknown". I would suspect hermie genetics. There are many many people out there that think nothing of passing on hermie genetics, either in clone form or in seeds.

Why not click on that banner at the top of the page that says ATTITUDE and order some quality genetics. You can look for a strain that appeals to your wife and will treat her particular malady. Once you have quality plants, you can clone to your heart's content.

Latest posts

Back