Too Much THC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friendrobert

Reaction score
I smoke to alleviate bi-polar tendencies. My problem is the strength of the strains available. They put me into full blown seizures.
The brown weed in the '70's didn't do that nor the skunk weed in the '80's and '90's. Is there any way to grow weed successfully without it getting so strong?

Welcome to MP. I would think there has to be a strain or two that would suit your needs.
Let's see if anyone has specific suggestions for you.

firstly; do you enjoy the high from marijuana at all? (like, would you prefer just the medical effect, and not be stoned. or do you like to be stoned.. just not THAT stoned ;) )
what strain/strains are you smoking/growing currently?

you could try shooting for some of the high CBD strains.. they should be much tamer for you, while still giving relief.

I also suggest CBD meds. That 90's skunk was fire .
Are you buying medically the club should be able to give you a proper strain. If your buying on BM high CBD meds will be impossible .
Good luck I'd try CBD meds

I agree with all the above, a CBD strain should be tried.

I don't think you can manipulate a grow to be weak.
You can stunt a plants growth and reduce size/quantity and I would not be surprised if that reduced potency some but I'd like to think there are better ways to get weaker weed.

I'm going to be growing a CBD strain "soon" for my wife to try.
She enjoys the high but has a panic attack (not quite seizure but not pretty/fun!) if she gets too much (2-3 hits of my critical-kush is toooo much) but until then, I have -0- first hand experience to pass on.
Unfortunately, it will be another 4 months +/- before I pop that seed let alone have any to try.
:48:

Kravenhead I also use leafly great info on strains if it's indica sativa hybrid . People reviews etc . Great APP

I have some skunkbud seeds I have been saving. It will be legal for me to grow in July. I like to get high but not stoned. With the right stuff I get ambitious and energetic. The stuff I have been getting is called "Sour Diesel", It's just too much for my brain. I'll check out the cbd strains. Thank you so much for all your help. It helps in learning when more questions are given.

If you like the up feeling, look for something that is sativa dominant rather than indica dominant and simply look for strains with lower THC levels.

Since you are not in pain, I do not know if you are actually going to like the high CBD strains, which are mostly for pain. I am wondering if rather than actually triggering seizures as cannabis is now being used very successfully in children to treat seizures, whether the strong cannabis is triggering panic attacks. Panic attacks are somewhat common in people who are not use to some of the strong strains. I saw a high CBD sativa strain when I was looking for CBD strains, but since I wanted something for pain and for night, I went with an indica. I want to say that I ordered from Seedsman and am quite displeased with the service from them (still waiting for seeds and cannot get them to answer any e-mails). So, I would not recommend ordering from him.

As lower THC is one of the things you are looking for, (can't believe I am recommending this) you might want to look at auto flowering strains. They are in part, ruderalis, which is basically ditch weed. Breeders have crossed ruderalis with sativa and indica strains to achieve a plant that matures faster and requires no dark period to flower. This lowers both the quality and quantity, but this might be the best way if you do not want too much THC. These will also come in sativa and indica dominant strains. You get that up high from sativa dominant strains.

Or you might change how you intake the cannabis or different strains. Is the Sour Diesel the only one you have tried? Have you tried just smoking a hit or 2? Have you tried edibles, you can make those as strong or weak as you want? Maybe a mild cannabis tincture--something made with glycerin to be smoked in an e-cig would be better.

Where did you get the "skunk bud" seeds you now have? Do you know anything about the strain? I wouldreally recommend looking for seeds that meet your criteria as much as possible, which you really can do now. This growing is quite an adventure , but it does take time, knowledge, and does take a chunk of money to get started. If you want to grow, it is not too early to start thinking about getting a space (or spaces) set up. And really, rather than just using what you might have lying around (especially if they are bagseed), get seeds that will do for you what you want.

LOL THG recommending Autos'....lets mark this on our calender. Harlequin is a cbd strain that is 11% cbd and 5% thc... It turns me to jello but nothing in the head...

Check out Freedom Baby.... That is what my husband likes. and he isn't the stoner he used to be... he can't handle high thc either.

Auto's {doh} so obvious... that's a great possible answer!

they would shoot the middle between the 20%+ strains and the 5% CBD's

---

Rose, thanks for the recommendation!
If the wife can enjoy the CBD strain, I will try to step her up to (what was it?) "Freedom Baby".
:48:

Freedom baby is one of the results of peeps hurrying to make a cbd strain. It comes with the information that you will get different phenos and they can't tell you which pheno has a high cbd. Mine hermied and I can't remember if it was my fault or not.. Anyway, everyone who has tired FB LOVES IT. I panic'd when it hermied and through out all the clones and now i wish i hadn't. I imagine I should pick up some more for my own self. The one pheno that hemied that I took out early is the one that my husband likes. Go figure.

Like everyone is saying, find yourself a high CBD strain. Also you need to know that in the human brain you have "Cannabinoid receptors" that bond with the THC and CBD that they come in contact with. Most THC that is grown on a marijuana plant is actually THC-a and will pass over the THC receptor cell without bonding to it. In order to get the head high from the THC-a it needs to be changed to THC. This is done by heat. Around 180F The chemical compound of THC-a starts to change to THC. On the other hand CBD fits into the receptors just the way that it is.

Ok so basically all that to say this, if you take marijuana that has not been heated to 180f and ingest it you will get 100% of the CBD benefits and a low amout of THC. so you could extract the Cannabinoids into butter or alcohol or olive oil exc. and use them in edibles or as a tincture. No bake cookies. Or as a salid dressing, things like that. As long as you don't heat it up too much you won't decarboxylate the weed (activate the THC). When you eat something made this way you will get the pain relief and a nice mellow feeling without the crazy head high. Give it a try. Hope this helps.

Likewise stank, high thc content for me. I appreciate the brilliance though of the wonders our beloved herb can work.

Latest posts

Back