Top feed yes or no

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sin inc

eastside greenxpert
Reaction score
Okay guys I just would like to know how important is top feed while you're running in dwc I mean everything that I researched says that you can run it. but it helps out during the first few weeks I don't know can y'all give me some pointers please

What I have found, in my relatively brief experience, is that when I first transplant a clone, if it starts to look deprived, I will give a few squirts from a pipette of nute/reservoir water a couple times a day for a few days. It seems like it gets my plants going, bringing the roots through the net.

I just always have the water level set so it hits the bottom of the net pots and I have never had to top feed/water. As the roots grow into the nute solution, I drop the water level.

I just always have the water level set so it hits the bottom of the net pots and I have never had to top feed/water. As the roots grow into the nute solution, I drop the water level.

I agree.

However, I have a set mark/water level I use to know precise nute measurements. Sometimes this level seems it's a bit low to hit new roots. I also have two different brand net pots - one sits a bit lower than the other (an inch maybe?).

It's not that I top feed on a regular basis. But, if plants start to show some deficiencies, I'll to feed for a couple days and it seems to help. This actually saved two plants in my first harvest, where I was just lost at what to do.

Latest posts

Back