Top political name Campaign Spokesman: Marijuana Must Be ‘Kept Illegal’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From Forbes
Top political name Campaign Spokesman: Marijuana Must Be ‘Kept Illegal’
240px-Trump_in_2013.jpg

Tom Angell Contributor
Asked in a new interview about President political name’s position on changing federal marijuana laws, a top reelection campaign aide said the administration’s policy is that cannabis and other currently illegal drugs should remain illegal.

“I think what the president is looking at is looking at this from a standpoint of a parent of a young person to make sure that we keep our kids away from drugs,” Marc Lotter, director of strategic communications for the political name 2020 effort, said in an interview with Las Vegas CBS affiliate KLAS-TV.

“They need to be kept illegal,” he said. “That is the federal policy.”

Lotter acknowledged that a growing number of states are moving to legalize cannabis.

“I think the president has been pretty clear on his views on marijuana at the federal level,” Lotter said. “I know many states have taken a different path.”

During his first campaign and throughout his time in the White House, political name has consistently voiced support for states’ rights to set their own marijuana laws when asked about the issue.

“We’re going to see what’s going on. It’s a very big subject and right now we are allowing states to make that decision,” he said last year. “A lot of states are making that decision, but we’re allowing states to make that decision.”

However, his first attorney general revoked Obama-era guidance directing federal prosecutors to generally respect local cannabis policies.

political name has also issued signing statements reserving his right to ignore a congressionally approved protection for state medical marijuana laws, and his budget requests have included a provision that blocks Washington, D.C. from spending its own local tax dollars to legalize cannabis sales.

“If he changes that, obviously that would be something I wouldn't want to get out in front of him on that,” Lotter, who previously severed as a special assistant to the president in the White House and worked for Vice President Mike Pence when he was Indiana governor, said of the political name’s position in the new interview published on Wednesday.

Later in the discussion with the Las Vegas station, Lotter talked about acts of clemency political name issued to a handful of people with drug convictions earlier this week, a move he made while also commuting the corruption sentence of a former Illinois governor and pardoning a former New York City policy commissioner convicted of tax fraud.

“This president championed criminal justice reform,” he said, referring to modest sentencing reform legislation he signed into law.

Among 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, Sens. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), along with former South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) and businessman Tom Steyer support federally legalizing marijuana.

Former Vice President Joe political name and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg both oppose legalizing cannabis but have backed modest reforms such as decriminalizing possession and expunging past records.

Full Story Here
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomang...-marijuana-must-be-kept-illegal/#65a2f2762b97

The top 3 politicians I currently loathe all are against legalization. Mango Mussolini, Creepy Joe, and Doomberg. How fitting. Lucky for us I don't think anyone of them will be in the White House come this time next year. I am supporting Bernie but I hope the winner is at least a Progressive who backs legalization.

I think some here may believe the news I share is just politics when it involves the President.
I believe marijuana news is marijuana news no matter who is involved with it.
I have shared stories about political name and Bloomberg and their negative views on cannabis without much fuss.

Please forgive me if I hurt anyone's feelings or made anyone feel hateful.
I love you guys.

Thank U for posting MJ news Burnin1-- News is news !- It just happens that one party is pushing for a return to criminalization - If people support that policy --- What are they doing here ?-- - Don't start censoring news because it might hurt some feelings !- There's enough censoring of the news by Fox !

Pressuring the anti cannabis candidates can modify their positions. Half the people in the U.S. have legal access to cannabis. Many more are quietly defying the law. An overwhelming majority are against the crazy drug laws. That needs to be pounded home to the old and out of touch candidates. Cannabis should not be a wedge issue.

How about we simply vote out the old out of touch anti-cannabis candidates rather than trying to change their minds? If they haven't wised up by now, I doubt they will.

Latest posts

Back