topping Sativa Plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunce

Reaction score
can someone tell me or show me pictures are nice on what is the proper way to top a sative plant?.. I am going to have to do this as i am limited in height that I am growing in ...anything over 6 ft and I will be in trouble so I want to top to make it bushier.
Thanks

What I do is take a razor blade. and cut just below the top node at a 45 degree angle. and your done.

but when do u do this? will it keep the plant from getting too tall? never tried it...

yup.. cut right above a node like ur taking a cutting (clone) or just pinch off half or a lil more of the growshoot and you are good to go.. after a few days of shock the plant will concentrate growth on the next 2 shoots...

trunce said:
can someone tell me or show me pictures are nice on what is the proper way to top a sative plant?.. I am going to have to do this as i am limited in height that I am growing in ...anything over 6 ft and I will be in trouble so I want to top to make it bushier.
Thanks

On your next grow you can try LST (Low Stress Training) this will keep the plant bushy and low. I have also noticed if you are using fluro lights instead of putting the lights on the top, to but them on both sides of the plant, this will help reduce the height and make it grow bushy, not sure what kind of lighting your using...

Thanks for your help.....is there a grow guide that has pictures that anone knows of...??? it would be a big help
thanks again

pics of which? topping? Dont need them man... easy to top.. just cut the top off.. =)

Here is the information I found on LST, it has step by step pics and info, there is alot you can cut out, What I've done is copy and pasted the important info to a word document and printed it out, that way I dont have any uncessary chat postings and can always go back to reference the material. You can see pictures of before LST and after LST, as for fluros on the side, here is what my set up looks like in my crawl space which is only 4 feet high...

http://www.planetskunk.com/cannabis2335.html

03-09-06_1751.jpg

03-09-06_1755.jpg

30-08-06_1857.jpg

Latest posts

Back