Transferring Seedling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnanthony420

Reaction score
I know that this question doesn't exactly fit in the the sick plants section but i thought this might be the best place to ask it. I accidently planted two seedlings in one little cup, and I'm wondering when I should separate them. As of now they have both sprouted and seem to be doing O.K. They've been in for about a week and I don't know if it's bad for them to stay like that until I put them in their final containers or what.

separate them asap if thats your intentions... the roots will continue growing together making it harder to split them up... It may cause you to lose a plant or both if you wait to long....

thx for the advice, I just transported them each to their own cup but it didn't come easy and I'm afraid i may have just killed with them with the stress of it, are plants really sensitive to that kind of thing early on or do you guys think they will be alright?

They sure are. Not all recover, but in this game of growing, always just got to chalk it up as a loss once in awhile. However. Down the road once you grow alot of seedlings and see the diff in each one, esp twins mind you. Your always thinking in the back of your mind. Was she the pot of gold??????

haha. I shed tears sometimes thinking about what she could of been.

Unless you are a BIG time farmer, never put 2 seedling in 1 container. Big farmers do this to see which one grows faster and yanks the others. We small growers must value each plant until they are sexed! I hope they both make it Johnanthony!

Latest posts

Back