Transferring to artificial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floydian70

Lost Child
Reaction score
We just transferred three plants in late veg state from dirt to hydro. Somebody gave us the clones and you can already tell their going to be gorgeous plants. The clones didn't come from a mother plant, they were cloned out of a indoor dirt crop but the guy grows a healthy plant. I transferred them to a pearlite/cocoa medium temporarily hand fed. I haven't grown anything in 10 years and somehow the measuring charts changed on the flora-gro. Being sloppy we ended up handfeeding 1/4 tsp of each part per gal and the plants haven't come out of shock. Which is weird because they didn't seem like they were even going to for some Reason. A few days ago I was trying to see what the difference was between the old one and the new one and it's the same stuff. It all made sense again and I changed the feeding to 1/4 tsp grow, an eyed 1/4 of that 1/4 with bloom and eyed the micro between them. Weve been feeding them 3 times a day and for about 3 days with the new mix. They seem to be getting healthy. They lost that watered down purpie looking unhealthy tint and the leaves aren't wilted at the node, they wilt towards the top of the leaf. Thanks for reading this and any advise would be appreciated. nu
15844757444461649333192.jpg
15844757684551004378891.jpg
1584475784329708692419.jpg

Wait are you dumping concentrated fertilizer in them?! Three times a day?!
Pull wayyyyy back on those reins! Put your fertilizer aside for a few days. Give them a nice big drink of plain pH adjusted water, til you see some coming out of the bottom There's probably a bunch of fertilizer hot spots in the soil; you want to even that out. Then let them hang out until they use up most of the moisture in the soil. Pot plants must go through a dry cycle to thrive. Theyre upland plants, and their roots are not adapted to constantly wet conditions (yes i know DWC is a thing, but it depends entirely upon introducing LOTS of aeration to the root zone) .
A light mist of a weak micronutrient supplement given as a foliar a couple times a week til you get your dirt sorted is fine but seriously you have to dilute fertilizer in water before applying it

I'm not growing in dirt. They were in dirt and I transferred to hydro. Ill definitely take the advise though. Might need it someday. Thanks

Soilless mix behaves sort of in between dirt and hydro. You still need a dry cycle, and you still need to dilute your nutrients in water or you'll get scorched. Just give em a good soak around pH 6.5 and let them dry out a bit before hitting them again.
Also, coco wants extra calcium so you should grab some calmag. Sorry I missed that on the first round! : )

I'm a root sprayer so no grow medium -- U got problems there Cuz !-- They say any nute formula that will work in one form of water farming will work in the others !-- I use well water with about 5 mils of Batonacares pro bloom or pro grow and about 5-10 mils of EM1 per gallon -- I have good weed growing water and don't pH or PPM --
20200305_185905.jpg

Latest posts

Back