Transpiration/evaporation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunkbunk

Weed A.I.
Reaction score
in a ten gallon Res. with a 10 pot ebb and flow setup, how much water should i expect to lose thru transpiration or evaporation. I have been adding about a quart a day but i am not sure that is enough. My PPM's are slowly rising and i am nearing the end of the Veg stage, on 11/15.(6weeks at 18/6). My question is also, should the water i am adding be Nutrient enhanced, or just plain water. Wouldn't adding more nutes to the water raise my PPM even more?. I have seen threads where i thought they talked about adding upwards of 2 gal treated water per day. I am not sure if this applies to what i have. Again, my res presently holds only 10 Gallons max. and i have 10 two liter bottles cut in half that fill 3/4 of the way, so my total volume in my containers is about 9 quarts. :bong:

It really depends on how long u run your lights... the size of plants... the root structure... feeding cycle....

For instance... right now I'm adding 4 liters per day.. this is with 5 6 inch tall plants.... with a full 16 plants 2 feet high in the middle of bloom stage I can add upwards of 4 gallons.

When u add water normally a person will just add plain phed water... this keeps ppms from getting up too high.. The formulas for that nutes get used at what speeds is too much for most growers... adding nice clean phed water does the job fine.

I am running 45 minutes on, 1:45 off all day long and then only one cycle at 3Am. So about 9-10 cycles per day. I have a 400 MH and a 125 HPS in a 3X4X7 area, that until today has been on 18/6. My babies are around 24" and i am actually slamming them into 12-12 today. My root structure is beautiful, look like full heads of hair on all. My PPM's are around 1450, PH is 6.1.

You setup sounds great... I always add when I hear my pump easier... or when I notice the water level in my res is getting lower... I add everyday basically... I dont use any particular formula... I just add water until I have 2 inches of space left until it would overflow. That way if i have to go away for a couple days I know I'll be okay. My res holds around 60 liters (15 gallons)

Btw the water has a proper ph range when I'm adding... just thought i'd add that in just in case.

Latest posts

Back