transplant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pot man27

Reaction score
Hey i got a few good lightrs and now im wondering if i should transplant them becuase they are in a water glass and are about 4 inches high should i make a transplant into a big ole bucket

pot man27 said:
Hey i got a few good lightrs and now im wondering if i should transplant them becuase they are in a water glass and are about 4 inches high should i make a transplant into a big ole bucket
Yes, get those poor little plants into their FINAL home. If you're using soil, then use at least a 3 gallon bucket or pot.

Watering from the bottom will help avoid a lot of hassles. Use something like this:

PotWithBase.JPG

Depends on your space. Yeah at 4 inches they are definetley ready to plant. Careful of the tap root. You'll want to be in a 5 gallon bucket by the end of the grow, but you won't know if they are male or female for a while so wasted space and dirt. It's your call because of space. I would put them in a 3 gallon bucket at least.

edit: beat me to the draw stoney.

Also, water only enough to last a day when using soil. You want the plant to use all of the nutrient solution each day.

This does several things.

1. It keeps algea and bacteria from growing in the water. The water runs out every day, so the bad stuff won't grow.

2. Water has mass. As the water is used, the elimination of mass causes it to be replaced with oxygen. This is very good for the roots and the plant.

3. The plant will "learn" that it's nutes are at the bottom and it will create roots that feed efficiently from the bottom. This also provides good support for the plant.

thanks guys i transplanted them into 6 inch planter buckets it should be intense

Latest posts

Back