transplanting from 4INCH pots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shimmz22

Reaction score
hey all im currently on week 4 of my grow(day 28) for my 4inch pots. When do they need transplanting? Does anyone have any good tips on transplanting? My one question i do have on transplanting is am i suppose to water my 4IN POTS before transplanting or leave the soil dry? I know the bigger one is supposed to be watered but im more concered on whether on not i water the 4in pot before transplanting. Any and all input = REPS.

Water and let drain before transplanting.

Again, forget the reps thing.

I grow in soil...@ 4 weeks in a 4in pot I would think they need transfer...All though RoseBud does water befor I find that If ya let the soil dry real good..the roots hold ball togather better and I dont lose clumps of soil that hold small roots...another reason I like to work with a dry root ball..is so I can break.(squeeze) to alow roots to grow better...then after She is in bigger pot..I like to feed with a higher Nitro mix...Just how I do it...

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

i usually water the night before. just so they're not soaked, but stay together nicely.

do you see any roots at the drain holes on the bottom? that'd be a good indication it's time to transplant ;)
how big's this plant?

:)

Having the soil moist will help keep root damage to a minimum.

I also let them dry first and soak well after transplant... But I fill my new pot up to the point where the old one (4 in. pot in this case) will sit atop where the soil level is just below flush with your new fill line (new container) and pack soil around the 4 in. pot... Then when you lift the 4 in. pot out, you'll have a perfectly shaped void to drop her into! I've heard that watering reduces root damage; but have never directly observed any damage or slowing of production rate from dry transplant either! Hope this helps!

Get some dolo lime in that fresh mix BEFORE you transplant.

Make sure the new mix is well wetted and water the fresh transplant in well.

Wet

Latest posts

Back