transplanting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berserker

Valhalla
Reaction score
i have a plant that is in a 8 inch pot and the plant is about a foot high,the soil that it is in is very questionable and want to transplant it into another bigger pot with new soil.How much of the old soil can i break away from the roots with out hurting it,because i want these roots to hit the new soil.and sould i add anything to help the plant with the transplant?

well 1 foot in a 8'in pot should be about root bound all you a have to do is take it out the pot in sracpe the roots on the side and on the bottom a little with you nails and transplant in two 3-5 gallon pot it you might want to spay the roots with a 1/4 nute mix and water well that should put you in a good spot for now i hope you

Hey whats up. Recently a trasnplant was done all I did was take it out of it's old pot and toss it into a 3 gallon pot with the new soil. Within hours I could tell that it was already liking it's new home. Within days it started growing again faster and better then when in the little pot. All that was done was taken out, put into new soil and then watered. Just be careful taking it out, if your pot is akward you will be tempted to pull it by the stem to try and free it:eek:. I almost smashed it off the ground in a rage trying to free it:D.

Hope this helps.

FP:cool:

Latest posts

Back