trichome harvest question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

depetreono

Reaction score
I'm days from harvest I want a little amber for a slight couch lock high. There is amber trichomes on the leaves that stick out of the bud a ways. but when i look at the actual dense cluster and the hairs they are just cloudy. What do I go by bc the part that is turning amber is already about 50/50 I don't want to lose my harvest window. I'm stressing out.

I go by the majority on the bud...if I pull leaves to check trichs and get ambers I always go back and check the actual buds themselves. Jmo

Ok. That's what I was thinking. I had to resist the urge to harvest. And I read from one of your other posts that you harvest multiple times on one plant taking I believe it was to take what's mature enough first. Do I understand that correctly

Yes the trichs on some buds can be more ripe than the others. That way you can achieve just the high you want from your meds.

Ya its really hard to resist chopping. . .. . especially when your out of smoke :(

Do you guys use co2 tanks with your grow or just keep good circulation.

I dont use C02 without the perfect environment completely sealed its useless. Good ventilation is all you need there really is no need for c02 if you have it.

Everyone has their own idea about the perfect window. If most of my trichomes are cloudy, I harvest the plant.

The amber trichomes do add more sedative effect, but I mostly have as much of that as I can use.

Ok I had to ask. My buddy who thinks he knows a lot about growing keeps bringing it up. I had to ask you guys to clarify.

Hamster Lewis said:
I go by the majority on the bud...if I pull leaves to check trichs and get ambers I always go back and check the actual buds themselves. Jmo

this just what I do as well..:aok:

IMO..the fan leafs ya speak of do seem to finish up befor the acual bud..as far as cloud/amber...Happy HArvesting

take care and be safe

My plant is Shiva. And I'm in week 10 of my grow. Does it normally take this long for this strain to mature.

Even though the trichs on the bud have not started turning amber the majority of my plants are trying to fall over and I have to have them tied down to keep them from doing so. Is the plant telling me its time. Or does just mean the buds at the top are to heavy for it to support.

The buds are just heavy IMO always go by the trichs its a fool proof method. Often late in flower if your branches didn't grow strong enough then they will tend to fall down just tie them back up and keep checking those trichs

Will do good sir. This is just my first seriouse grow and I'm tryin to do it correctly. I never realized how much I didn't know about growing. All the reading in the world doesn't help with out the hands on part of actually growing.

depetreono said:
All the reading in the world doesn't help with out the hands on part of actually growing.

This is too true reading in completely necessary, but nothing like hands on experience...

I'm ganna start a grow journal on a 6 foot tall Shiva. Should be interesting.

its supose to be east to grow so i figured that was perfect for my first real grow

6 foot tall 3 foot wide shiva mother. going into the next flowering i do

IMAG0115.jpg

Latest posts

Back