Trichome question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgutta420

Reaction score
I’m at where I’m at and I’ll be where I be
Hey everyone, hope all are having a good day and grow! Quick question on trichomes. I bought a usb microscope and it works phenomenal…I look at a dead spider and ewwwwwww lol. Anywho, it’s completely worthless to me for looking at the trichome color as evidently, my hands aren’t steady at all and I can’t get it to focus. So my question is would it be ok to snip a sugar leaf off to check so I can lay it flat and get a good focus until I reach my preferred harvest window?

And also, I’ve read that trichomes mature faster on sugar leaves than inside the bud itself. They say you can have 30% amber kn sugar leaves but not inside the actual bud and if that’s true it’s change my strategy. Does that hold any weight? Thanks in advance guys and gals.

If you have a cell phone, this gadget is great Still have to kinda hold still but a bit easier than yours
81A4F95D-3ED5-4175-B9E5-DB7B0582128C.jpeg

I think @CrashMagnet has a scope like yours and rigs a holder maybe on a tripod. I have no room for that in my tent but maybe it would work in your case
I’ll definitely look into it and the cell phone microscope. Funny thing is I actually looked at a few of those but they all had terrible reviews.

I’ll definitely look into it and the cell phone microscope. Funny thing is I actually looked at a few of those but they all had terrible reviews.
Technique has a lot to do with terrible reviews. Or on Amazon, there are a lot of ‘reviewers’ that like to trash their competitors. Take a look at crash’s pics. They look very good to me.

I love mine. Sometimes I have to delete a few shaky shots but if I hold my breath I can get some really nice shots. Even use it to inspect stuff you can’t see during the grow. That’s how I discovered aphids in my last grow. Just happen to see them smiling at me when I was taking a pic of an early bud… I recently bought some of these for my new grower friends for Christmas. Maybe Santa will put one in your stocking

Technique has a lot to do with terrible reviews. Or on Amazon, there are a lot of ‘reviewers’ that like to trash their competitors. Take a look at crash’s pics. They look very good to me.
Yes sometimes folks are just plain having a grouchy day when they write those reviews. I too look at reviews and flip a coin on who to believe…

You have to learn how to use it. Subbie will chime in on this.
Yes, it definitely takes practice to start getting good shots but it’s not like you are using film or anything. Just delete them right? Have fun with it… nice to have a picture on your device rather than looking thru a loop to me.

Yes sometimes folks are just plain having a grouchy day when they write those reviews. I too look at reviews and flip a coin on who to believe…
I scrutinize the dates. A bunch in a short period of time then nothing for a while sets off alarms for me. Verified buyers can return stuff for free and are still ‘verified buyers’. Cheap way of trashing your competition…

Latest posts

Back