Trichones Melting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyGalaxy

Reaction score
I am in week 7+1 day. All of my highest buds are no longer fuzzy they are shiny covered in an oily sheen. Good? Bad? I plan on harvesting next saturday, but wonder if I have waited too long. I think they are still swelling and besides the trichones melting everything else is fine. Just wondering. First plant bear with me.

"7 weeks".. "too long".. I'm doubtful ;). and I've never seen 'triches melt' that weren't exposed to some solvent of some type...???

I don't know of any strains that wld be too done at 7 weeks....hell most are not even done at 8 for me...

I am with Hick on this one...trichs won't melt without you putting them in a solvent...the sheen you are seeing might just be the final resin production kicking in? What color are the trichs?

I agree with HL and Hick, i would be getting a scope on those trichs before you harvest next week, you wouldnt want to do all the work for smoke your not happy with.

I harvest almost all strains between 63-70 days, but that is a personal preference.

I am on day 67 and no amber is showing yet on one of mine, and the plant looks pretty dead. I am waiting. She has looked like this for a couple of weeks.

Hang in there, the first plant is hard to wait the wait, but it will be worth it. You really need a scope to know for sure.
Here is a pic of almost ten weeks. DSCF0960.JPG

Man Rose that smoke is gonna be Dank.....nice looking nugz on that plant.Awesome job.

Thank you Hammy. She looks so dead compared to the youngsters in flower. Sorry to hijack your thread Guy, but i got a call from a real old friend i had given some of this Medicine woman. Granted she never smokes pot, and she said she tried it and woke up on the bathroom floor in the morning, thinking she was in a clinic but had the best nights sleep she could remember. LOL. Gotta love medicine woman.

No worries here. So...the dusty/fuzzy stuff isn't trichones. I don't know much. I kinda thought it was about a week after white hairs turned to red-brown. The sheen then is pre trichones? Hate to display such ignorance, but apparently I should be waiting for some other ?secret? sign for harvesting.

a1.jpg

GuyGalaxy said:
No worries here. So...the dusty/fuzzy stuff isn't trichones. I don't know much. I kinda thought it was about a week after white hairs turned to red-brown. The sheen then is pre trichones? Hate to display such ignorance, but apparently I should be waiting for some other ?secret? sign for harvesting.

You are displaying no ignorance at all GG.....this is a hobby that requires quite a bit of knowledge in many areas of the plants development. It takers time, effort and hands on learning to get it all down. I can assure you none of us think you are ignorant at all.

Subcool did a great thread on the Harvest window called Amber Alert....let me see if I can find it for you.

Guy,
Your plant looks very nice. Just not ready for harvest. Please don't feel like you "don't know much". that isn't true. When I started I had never heard of a tricome. Now hardly a day goes by when i don't think of tricomes. ha. Your doing great. Just read and try to have patience. The last two weeks of growth will add a lot of weight to your buds that you can't get any other way other then waiting. Hang in, your doing well.:) :) :) :)

Guy, There are two kinds of Trichclones, from what I understand. One is the kind that has a "stalk" with the signature bulbous head. The other lays closer to the leaf like a mound. I don't know the names of the two biologically, but they are still holding THC from what I understand. Also, sometimes those Radio Shack scopes will be so bright that the trichs dont look amber, unless the amber is really dark. IMO. Good luck to you, you got a real nice plant going on there.

Rose, that plant..... NICE WORK!

Best question ever answered. Hamster thanks for the link.

GuyGalaxy said:
Best question ever answered. Hamster thanks for the link.

Glad we cld help.....don't ever be afraid to ask a question. It is how we all learn from each other.

Guy, that pic you posted shows a plant in mid flower. It needs more time.

Latest posts

Back