Trichs not changing color, been a long time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

64yoda

n00b
Reaction score
This if for my Auto Seeds Berry Ryder. I took pics with and without a flash cuz I realized the flash reflected off the trichomes.

Without flash:
IMG_0944_zpswg8eo4by.jpg

With flash:
IMG_0990_zpscslgpyl1.jpg

I couldn't find any info on the strain specifically regarding people having problems with the trichomes staying clear for an uber-long time :( So I can only assume that my trichs are still clear for a few reasons:

1. There wasn't enough light (had 3200 lumens in there, 2700K; added another 1600 lumens of 2700K and 1600 lumens of 6500K since I don't have another warm bulb - this was after TheHempGoddess told me I needed more light).

2. I was giving it nutes way too often. So I flushed the 2.7 gallon container with 4 gallons of distilled H2O and 4 gallons of spring H2O last night.

3. Pot could probably be a lot bigger.

and I don't know what else...

It's on day 101 since seed. I did not know until over the night reading everywhere that breeders will sometimes exaggerate the time required from seed to harvest, plus I never thought that this only includes optimal conditions and each phenotype is different. But, Auto Seeds said "65 days from seed to harvest."

For the past several days, I've been checking the trichs on every bud site every day, sometimes twice per day. Before that, I was checking like every other day or so since I noticed trichs being produced. They're still clear. I first noticed a decent amount of trichomes on March 11.

March 11, 2015:
174875690_360102390_zpsasgeew2q.jpg

So, it's been 49 days since then. I haven't really seen many changes for the past 2 weeks, except that 4 days ago was the first day I noticed some of the upper fan leaves turning yellowish. I'm not sure if that means I'm not giving enough nitrogen or if it's a good sign. None of the bottom leaves are turning yellow, only upper and middle now.

When I started with the first gallon, I tested the pH of the H2O draining out the bottom and it was close to 4.0. When I put the last gallon of H2O in, I tested the pH draining out and it looked like exactly 6.3.

IMG_0971_zpsdwc8mduq.jpg

The Berry Ryder is now in the sink in my basement. I wanted to make sure all the water I used to flush it drained before I put it back in it's pan inside my tent.

Should I keep it in complete darkness for a bit? Should I immediately start giving it nutes again? If yes, what nutes? More N, more P, more K? Or just the micro nutes?

I wish I could provide pics of the trichs. It seems I thought clear meant how they look now, but now I'm not sure. I'm gonna have to look at a lot more pics of close-up pics of trichs and compare.

Anyway, here's some more pics so everyone can tell me what I'm supposed to do now. I know the buds are gonna be super airy, but it's my own fault in spite of it being my first grow. I know there's nothing anyone can do during drying and curing to make airy buds more dense.

Top to middle w/o flash:
IMG_0979_zpsgdpwyeof.jpg

Top of cola with a couple white pistils (only white pistils on entire plant I think) w/o flash:
IMG_0961_zpso4xchtvk.jpg

Cola with flash:
IMG_0989_zpsemkzn7ua.jpg

Miscellaneous w/ and w/o flash:
IMG_0978_zps7rybx9ax.jpg

IMG_0949_zps4coihu9f.jpg

IMG_0980_zps5lmopgfv.jpg

IMG_0988_zpsbfujrqtp.jpg

IMG_0987_zpsu7oawddr.jpg

IMG_0986_zpsrje1ekac.jpg

IMG_0985_zpsrbpphnph.jpg

Nothing much I can say here helpful, beyond saying; "If you see clear and some cloudy and no amber, it's just not ready"

There's nothing magical I can say beyond just keep looking and do not take it down "just because you're tired of waiting" (not saying you would, just saying :) )

More than likely, stresses you've caused have pushed back the flowering end date. I'm going through the exact same situation in The Dr's Office (In my signature) where I normally have these same strains finish everytime at 56 days flowering, but 56 days will be tomorrow and they sure do have 1-2 weeks left easy!

Good luck, be patient and oh hey.. good looking stuff. OH yeh, and that first one you're worried about doesn't seem like too mall a pot at all. I've grown in 3 gals a ton and 2 gals a few times even. :aok:

Thanks, Doc.

I'm not getting impatient. I know you aren't saying that, but I haven't smoked anything in like 2 months, so there's no way I'll pull it until someone says to pull it. I don't want to smoke it when it's not gonna do anything. It will sure be nice to smoke my first grow after not smoking for so long though. I just hope it's alright.

Yeah, I'm sure I put this girl thru a lot of stress. Too much water, too many nutes, not enough light, fairly normal temps at start, low temps half-way thru (I think temps are around 73 now in the tent - a lot better than 62!). :)

Is there a rule about posting too many pics in one post?

Hi Yoda,

No rules about too many pictures. I hope she finishes soon for you. She looks frosty.. I think we just wait and see. there is nothing else to do but wait.

The yellowing is low N but that is normal in the late stage of growing, I wouldn't give her any now as it could retard finishing.

I think it must be not enought light,but that is just a guess. Green mojo for the finish!

I would guess light too, and yeah don't give any N (Grow) during this phase.

I'm not getting impatient. I know you aren't saying that, but I haven't smoked anything in like 2 months

Ohhhhhh man, now I understand more! :(
And wow, this will be your OWN after 2 months of not??!?!?! You will claim it's the best ever HAH :aok: I'm happy for you :)

Lol. What does it mean when people say "green mojo"? That's the second time someone has said that. I don't know what it means - like "good luck"?

Mojo means the best of luck and green mean keeping it green.

Green Mojo (Add-Verb): Wishing one good luck with their Marijuana.

:D

Rosebud, I just noticed your signature. Field of Dreams was my fav movie as a kid. I think those MLB players would have had a lot more fun if that wasn't corn in those fields :D

That was a good movie. It was weird as soon as i grew Harlequin everyone I met needed a cbd medicine. Thus the line. I agree, they should have been playing in a pot field... We should all be playing in a pot field.

Latest posts

Back