Trim Party

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ston-loc

Reaction score
Haha, no, I'm not inviting you all, though if I knew u on a non anonomous level I would. This is my first grow, and have way too much coming in a few weeks do do solo. Have some friends down to help out that I mentioned it to. Question is this, if I smoked you out all day, had beers and food, and you helped trim, what would be an acceptable amount of dried herb to kick em down each for the day of help? Told em I had to dry it first cause I want to, and want to know how much yeild my first grow was. Just wondering. ;)

well if you are supplying food drink and smoke for the day, and they are good buddies of yours im sure you could get away with giving em maybe an 1/8th or so, but if i was there helping, i wouldnt make you feel obligated to kick me down, if they are close enough to know about your grow they are close enough to lend a hand without needing to be compensated i would think.

Yeah, they're solid friends, I'm just the one thinking. I'm sure after the day, they'll say they're good, but I feel I'd need to kick em down. Just wondering opinions if/what would be expected.

If it was i ... smoking all day, food, drinks and party i would be happy with something like 5 to 10 gr. :aok:

Happy trim

yikes I just dont know about telling anyone even my closest friends Trust no one i guess. Me and my old lady will just continue trimmin ours alone.

I would say smoking them out all day and just hangin out should be plenty maybe like an 1/8 or something a piece like mentioned.

Haha, I know, I broke the "tell no one" rule. But that was from early on. These are friends that grow or have grown too that have helped me get through my first grow with advise when I've needed it. Plus I'm outdoor, and they've been over hanging out and seen em. Risky, maybe, but I trust them. Just wondering. Don't want to seem like I'm insulting, or ripping them off for the help. :) already been kicking them down from my early, mini harvest too.

Cheap basitds....lol

Going rate in my neck of the woods is 1 zip for every p trimmed.
So first, I cut the plant down, and take all the big leaves off and hand the herb to dry, untrimmed. Taking off Big Leaves pays $20/hr.
After that, when it is fairly dry, I bring in the trimmers. Each person is given thier own bag to put in what they trimmed. After it is all done, each bag is inspected to ensure proper trimming, and if all is well, they get 1 zip per p trimmed. That way, better trimmers get paid more then the "new guy" or the "lazy guy". Lazy guy doesn't get the invite back to the next one.
And yes, I supply all the food/drink/smoke.

I hate trimming and it is worth everything I pay.

My friends love me.

Hahaha, yeah Hal, after trimming the 2 early branches I plucked my tendinitis was killing me. No way I can do all 4 on my own without some major pain. Though, I don't have a huge operation like you do. Just 4 pretty decent sized outdoor plants. I'll just invite em over and treat em good :)

And yes NCH, I want to be your friend! HAHAHA. I am in nor cal after all :) haha

I usually do all the plucking and chopping and let my old lady do the trimming, she is happy we dont have to buy smoke so she doesnt mind, plus ive noticed all the women i know are more meticulous trimmers than dudes and do a better job.

an oz per pound sounds fair if you are trimming down alot of stuff, but for 4 personal plants, seems a bit steep :)

I'm in Norcal, too.. I've always been paid 50 cents per gram for trimming and honestly wouldn't do it for less especially for the outdoor that they usually want you to trim until it kinda looks like indoor.,. For a short trim sesh (three hours) with a friend I would be stoked with some food and 5 or 10 gs., got to keep things straight because all year long friends are hiring friends to do everything from watering to amending to trimming and everything in-between., it's an interesting dynamic

food, drink, and bong rips while trimming---.45/g or $10/hr. whichever is more---and an appreciation bag to go at the end of the shift---

Thanks for the reputation shite talking. Next time have the balls to sign your name too. :ciao:

I have to make trimming a multi day event because of bad hands also. My best friend helps me sometimes. She goes to Cali every fall to trim. We make a great meal, have some yummy drinks, and watch a good movie or 2. I always send her home with at least a qt oz.

That's the reason I started this thread. Just to get an idea of what you all do. I don't hang around with people who would steal from me, nor would I tell anyone I don't trust. I'm mor worried of the people I haven't told like neighbors hopping the fence and such. Anyhow have some family and a couple close friends coming over for some bbq, and good times. From the looks of my plants, I'm sure I will be kicking them down generously

Latest posts

Back