Trim those giant fan leaves this early in the game?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score

so my young banana TK plants have some beautiful giant fan leaves. I’m thinking tho as much as I’m loving them, they are blocking to much growth and they should be removed. I hate removing them at this point as the plants are still young but tucking them out of the way is just not possible…I’m thinking if I just take a couple off each plant at a time they would be fine but would like to hear what y’all think…

Yeah, if you cannot tuck them outta the way, I actually remove these at week 3, a week after removing
the cotyledon leafs and the first set of single bladed leaf.

She sure looks happy & healthy Sub.. and talk about hard core indica, very pretty indeed

Trimmed the light hoggin’ leaves boo. They look a lot skimpier this morning but I can see all the bud sites now. I pressed some of those leaves in a giant book, took up the whole page, even some hardly fit.
they look very happy with the light hitting them good
thank y’all for the help and comments 🥰
BF2B3D2A-A37D-404F-AC1E-EC67B2DD0DBF.jpeg

now wait for the real show to begin subbie...when those newer flower sited see good light they'll pop fast...matt sent me a few packs for the banana TK, hoping noting but the best for you...I ordered the plant wash...I'm gonna move the plant that they have claimed as their own away from the lights and hose that puppy down...found a bunch of 6' stakes, gonna try to add another layer of trellis nets to hold up the 2' colas...

now wait for the real show to begin subbie...when those newer flower sited see good light they'll pop fast...matt sent me a few packs for the banana TK, hoping noting but the best for you...I ordered the plant wash...I'm gonna move the plant that they have claimed as their own away from the lights and hose that puppy down...found a bunch of 6' stakes, gonna try to add another layer of trellis nets to hold up the 2' colas...
nice to have height...

Trellis nets are the jam. My grows have had as many as three to keep them away from the lights. don’t let them big colas break for sure

I think you will like the lost coast boo. I’ll bet it helps too for the whiteflies. They say you can use it as a maintenance but I’m not one to use something when I don’t need it. Perhaps I’m wrong and may change my mind

yessir...perfect...we get along with a little help from our friends...

I get rid of any leaves that block light from shoots that have potential to grow up to be main colas. I get pretty excessive when it comes to training, and defoliating and have had really nice results thus far. I know my mind tells me to leave the beautiful leaf because it is creating photosynthesis, but other leaves will do the same job. Let there be light. BTW your plants look super happy!

Need a little advice. Outside auto grow planted end of July. Should this be bigger? Should I trim the bottom leaves? How do you all get those bushy plants?

Attachments

• 20230911_171615.jpg
    20230911_171615.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230911_171534.jpg
    20230911_171534.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
hello Trottergirl

1. should your plant be bigger?

they do look a little small for being 4-6 weeks
what are the genetics?

2. should I trim the bottom leaves?

no , plant is to small and needs the leaves for photosynthesis

3. how do ya all get those bushy plants?

mostly genetics

Latest posts

Back