Triming lower branchs while in FLOWER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cincy boy

Growing Growing...Gone
Reaction score
First off let me say its awesome to see how this site has grown sinch I've last logged on (2007). Now to my question I just want to here peoples feedback on triming lower branchs while in flower to promote healthier growth on your main cola/colas.This has been a debate between me and all my growing buddies since I can remember.I personally was just letting my plants go propping them up when they needed it etc. this is the first year I actully did it and I feel like they have slowed down ever since.

Do yur trimming while in Vegg about a week before ya Flower. The healen is done by the time ya switch. I never trim in Flower.

I do not trim while in flowering either. There is NO doubt that this stresses the plant. And I do not believe anyone is going to convince me that stress while in flowering is a desirable thing. IMO (and that of many botanists) stress is counterproductive to great bud/thc development.

I was also thinking in doing the same thing ( lolipoping ). Going to do that today in all of them since will change to 12/12 in 5/6 days.

Thanks for the info :aok:

BHO--you are going to flip your Mandalas already?

it depends on the size of the plant. you have to get all the under crap as soon as possible when flowering starts. some under stuff tries to grow back but i personally keep cutting them. they eventually die anyway or just strech around for light. so yes on big outdoor plants i do cut out the underbud. it doesnt make a big difference(stress wise) on larger plants

Latest posts

Back