Trimming leaves on cut buds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksarben

Reaction score
I hear of trimming those small leaves found on the bud at the time of harvest and for hanging to dry/cure. However, I have seen pictures of buds that have a frosty coating of trichomes on some of the leaves. Wouldn't cutting those leaves and disposing of them be loosing some of your "goodies" ?? Obviously newbie, who has never grown nor handled mature buds on a plant before.

I think most will trim that off the buds keeping th best part free of those leaves but then people will use those bud trimmed leaves to process with oil or alcohol into an edible or some such...so yes you can get access to the goodies on the leaves but you don’t really want to smoke them...

Yes it would, but we don't dispose of them. Like 2redeyes says, those frosty little leaves you trim off are great for making edibles, salves, oils, hash, etc.

Although I do have to admit that decades ago, I did throw away my trim--didn't really know what to do with it. It makes the bud smoke harsh, so I didn't want to leave them on. No one was really making oils or concentrates much and those that were were using volatile chemicals (naptha, butane) that I didn't want to use.. If you made pot brownies, you just threw a handful of ground up bud into the mix--didn't know anyone making anything like cnnabbutter. Then, probably around 15 years ago, I discovered bubble hash and how easy it was to make it. I lamented all the "potential hash" that I had thrown away over the years. Then as time went on and we learned more and more that we can do. Some people do whole plant extractions because the entire plant has good things in it.

I have a friend that leaves the small sugar leaves on his buds. As they dry they kinda curl around and protect the bud. Those leaves are wonderful in medicine too, of course.

Latest posts

Back