Trimming scissors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonp

Reaction score
I need some economical trimming scissors. Can anyone recommend any?

7657DF49-65B5-4940-A5E7-8F591424891B.jpeg

I use Fiskers. I used them for over a year and if you keep them clean they are very easy on the hands

When it comes to Trimming I am a bit of a nonconformist. The sheers on the bottom are used for de-boning and larger stems. The fly tying scissors on top do the fine work. All sugar leaves are removed and the bud itself isn't touched. I leave it natural and don't cut to any particular shape. Makes for great bag appeal. Big calls it a California Trim....I call it a pain in the asz. But it works for me.

IMG_20221027_125028529.jpg

This is the final result.

74013.jpg

That's beautiful! Do the dried pistils contribute to more than the aesthetic affect (which is well worth it btw).

I recently bought a pair of Chikamasa bonsai trimmers with curved blade. I like them! They are light weight, suitable for lefties or righties, clean up good (watch out for cutting yourself (it is a clean cut however) and costs about $30. I bought local but Amazon has them.

That's beautiful! Do the dried pistils contribute to more than the aesthetic affect (which is well worth it btw).

I recently bought a pair of Chikamasa bonsai trimmers with curved blade. I like them! They are light weight, suitable for lefties or righties, clean up good (watch out for cutting yourself (it is a clean cut however) and costs about $30. I bought local but Amazon has them.
All I know is it keeps my friends happy.

They are my go-to shears as well. Lightweight and no spring makes my hands happy. I think I have worn off the non-stick coating which kinda scares me. Must have smoked some of it…

When it comes to Trimming I am a bit of a nonconformist. The sheers on the bottom are used for de-boning and larger stems. The fly tying scissors on top do the fine work. All sugar leaves are removed and the bud itself isn't touched. I leave it natural and don't cut to any particular shape. Makes for great bag appeal. Big calls it a California Trim....I call it a pain in the asz. But it works for me.

View attachment 312138

View attachment 312139
another one of your beautiful buds 🥰

View attachment 312138

View attachment 312139

I was reading about the difference between trimming because I like to take the sugar leaves out if I can get them. They say that is manicuring. I haven't gotten one like this though.

You can get a pair of the fly tying scissors for a reasonable price. Right now I use small scissors like that but they aren't sharp anymore. I wouldn't mind getting a pair of the Pakistani surgical scissors too. I might have a kit from the ER since they don't throw them out after they use them.

Read some great reviews on these and I’ve been really pleased with the comfort of these Bonsai trimmers. I’m not an expert trimmer though, but I like them better than any of the Fiskars Or Vivosun trimmers I have, (Note that they are NOT spring loaded)

Chikamasa B-500sf Stainless Steel Scissors w/Fluorine Coating (Resin-resistant)​

C5A1B1F1-0ECE-4734-8B26-630F95A041FA.jpeg

FELCO 310
These ones are my favorite. They are the most comfortable ones i ever tried and i have been using them for 20 years i had to change the spring once. They just fit right in my palm so i don't have to strain my fingers as much as the smaller ones that sort of fly in my hand. Here i checked they are listed for 17.28$ Felco 310 Picking and Trimming Snip
I would never use ones that don't have a spring.

Latest posts

Back